BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Upcoming Trip

Go down 
+2
North Star
saltfisher1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Upcoming Trip Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming Trip   Upcoming Trip I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:56 pm

I'm planning on a trip at the first of August to Alabama to do more house hunting just incase the deal I am waiting on falls through...the last time I went up there i didnt get to fish but this time I am planning on some heavy fishing for bluefish and sharks.....I want to try to catch a few bluefish(2 to 5 lb'ers) to put on ice then one night stay from dark till dusk waiting on a biggun to hit ...the wife says shes up for the evening time bluefishing but I would be by myself with the all nighter.....Thats ok...I've done it before from 1 pm one day till 11 am the next day....that was a long night of bent poles and snapped lines....ran out of food at midnight though. Laughing ...I'm ready this time with a beach cart/cooler/plenty of ice/food/drinks...Theres no toilet out there though darn it.

Weather permitting i will get to put these plans to a test and bring back some shark steaks and nice pics....

PS...Those bluefish will be the bait.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Upcoming Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Trip   Upcoming Trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:44 am

Sounds like a great time Greg, we are still in the drought here and without a boat it sucks fishing sure hope to see some great pics again from you and the fishing trip. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Upcoming Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Trip   Upcoming Trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:05 am

Sounds like you have a great plan going on, Greg! Best of luck with the fishing! Take some pics and post for us!
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Upcoming Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Trip   Upcoming Trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:17 am

Good luck with the fishing and house hunting both, be waiting to hear all about it.
Back to top Go down
radish
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
radish

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Upcoming Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Trip   Upcoming Trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:04 am

Good luck with the fishing and house hunting. Wish I was ther sounds like my kind fo fishing.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Upcoming Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Trip   Upcoming Trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:19 pm

I'm gonna make it fun whether Icatch anything or not....Down in Florida where I am right now you cant fish at night in most places so it will be fun to sit out on the Alabama beach and listen to the waves and watch the stars.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Upcoming Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Trip   Upcoming Trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:22 pm

Good luck Greg! Sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Upcoming Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Trip   Upcoming Trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:41 pm

These are pics from my May 2008 trip...I wanted to show folks how much work I went through this particular day to get a few good shots of my fishing hole.

This is where i will be shark fishing in a week or less as well....You can just about bet with time and weather the sands and jetties have changed and will not even look the same.

We parked at the seawall on the west side of the bridge then i walk up to the top of the Perdido Pass bridge to get a couple of good aerial shots of the pass and the jetties...If you look close you can see the jetty in both of the next 2 pics.
Upcoming Trip 100_3122

Upcoming Trip 100_3121

Since taking the first 2 pics I have walked to the east side of the bridge to meet up with my ride then went to the East side parking lot that is located under the bridge and made my way across the sand to this vantage point for a semi-long shot of the jetty and the wooden walkway.
Upcoming Trip 100_3098

I am at the east side jetty finally and you can see the green color of the water and how rough the walk across the rocks is.
Upcoming Trip 100_3105

In this picture you can see where I was in the first 2 pics.Upcoming Trip 100_3100

I am out on the jetty as far as I can get without falling in looking into the water....It might not look that deep but I bet its about 6 ft right at the end.Upcoming Trip 100_3102
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Upcoming Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Trip   Upcoming Trip I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Trip
Page 1 of 1