BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ripped off at Walmart again

Go down 
+4
richardcatdaddy
North Star
T.C.
Grumpy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Grumpy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Grumpy

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Ripped off at Walmart again Empty
PostSubject: Ripped off at Walmart again   Ripped off at Walmart again I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 12:26 pm

Wife went to Walmart and got groceries yesterday. She bought some of those chrome rings that go around the burners on the cook stove and they didn't fit so she got out the receipt to take them back. She was looking for them on the receipt and noticed a charge for $29.54 for a bag of some kind of cheese sticks. She took them back and the girl at the customer service counter said that happened a lot yesterday. The computer was messed up. The price was supposed to be $2.54.

If not for those stove things that didn't fit, she would have never known they overcharged her $27.00. No telling how many people they ripped off yesterday that will never know.

Strange how the computer error is always in their favor, huh?
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off at Walmart again   Ripped off at Walmart again I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 1:25 pm

Wow!!!!! Those were some mighty expensive cheese sticks....LOL...I'm glad you caught it ...And got your money back....Sad thing is some people will never know they got cheated....
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off at Walmart again   Ripped off at Walmart again I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 7:27 pm

holy cheese stix, that is just not right about things like that, glad you caught it though. Ripped off at Walmart again 209995 Ripped off at Walmart again 29755
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off at Walmart again   Ripped off at Walmart again I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:24 pm

Was it good cheese?Idea,Peg works at Wallys World,lets complain to her. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off at Walmart again   Ripped off at Walmart again I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 9:30 pm

I've gotten to the point that I double check my receipt before I leave the checkout lane. I've saved a bunch of money that way. I got some lawnmower parts because the price on the tag was lower than the price on the computer. I also got a pair of bib overalls for $4.00 less than they should have been because the price on the bibs was less than the price on the computer. I guess people at Big R aren't very careful when the price changes come out.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off at Walmart again   Ripped off at Walmart again I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:33 pm

I can attest that the computers have been messing up lately. This last week they have been terrible. I haven't noticed anyone being over charged for something though. They have just been slow and sometimes uncooperative. I think a lot of our problem is the severe storms that we have had this last week. Everything, including the heat and A/C is ran by corporate in Bentonville, AR. More than likely, what had happened is someone put the WRONG price in for something and it wasn't caught before it was sent into the comptuer system satelite.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off at Walmart again   Ripped off at Walmart again I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:55 am

I'm with ridge, I check it before I leave, no matter what store it is.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off at Walmart again   Ripped off at Walmart again I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:01 am

My wife checks the receipt before she leaves the store, then checks it again when she gets sat down in the van where she can take her time to look at it. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off at Walmart again   Ripped off at Walmart again I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:26 am

Thats crazy.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Grumpy

Number of posts : 391

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off at Walmart again   Ripped off at Walmart again I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:48 pm

The last time they got her that we know of was a while back when she bought 2 cucumbers and they charged her for something like 23 cucumbers. I told her after that to watch the screen when they were scanning the stuff but she didn't listen.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off at Walmart again   Ripped off at Walmart again I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Even though I am an employee of Wal-Mart, when I am a customer there, I ALWAYS look at my receipt. I look at ALL my receipts, regardless of where I am shopping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off at Walmart again   Ripped off at Walmart again I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ripped off at Walmart again
Page 1 of 1