BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wow Did It Rain

Go down 
+2
radish
North Star
6 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Wow Did It Rain Empty
PostSubject: Wow Did It Rain   Wow Did It Rain I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:37 am

Yesterday we had storms popping up all over the place and some were bad ones as far as wind, hail, tornado's, heavy rain, and cloud to ground lightning, we here in my area was lucky enough not to get much in the lines of bad weather. Here at the home front we did get some heavy rain and hail, The hail was small only pea size (lucky for my garden) but the rain we got came down hard giving us 1 3/4 inches in a 1 1/2 hour period so yep it came down hard and long. Before this rain the ground had very large cracks in it and this morning now i took a look and there are no cracks in the ground so that is good to see for once, hope it will last and we keep getting the rain that we need so bad here for our lakes and rivers. Wow Did It Rain 29755 Wow Did It Rain 979382 Wow Did It Rain 729539 Wow Did It Rain 540268 Wow Did It Rain 264358
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
radish
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
radish

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Wow Did It Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow Did It Rain   Wow Did It Rain I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:46 am

Glad you got the rain Mike. Hope we get some soon.
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Wow Did It Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow Did It Rain   Wow Did It Rain I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:35 am

We only got about .4", but I thought for sure we got more. Glad to hear you're ok and the garden's ok too.
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Wow Did It Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow Did It Rain   Wow Did It Rain I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:39 am

Mike it has rained so much here that some people's gardens are rottening...Now it will be so hot that what is left will burn up...Today and tomorrow will be 99 degrees...With high humidity...
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Wow Did It Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow Did It Rain   Wow Did It Rain I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:26 pm

About 3AM this morning, I was awaken by the thunder, lightening and hail coming in. We got over 3 inches of rain in a little less than an hour. There were roads closed off all over the place as the rain was coming faster than the sewage drains could handle. There were several businesses that had water in them also. This afternoon about 4:00 PM, it started thundering and lightening again. Then all of a sudden the bottom let loose and had one hell of a rain storm again for about 15 minutes. They are calling for rain the rest of the weekend also. So much for fishing for the next week or so as hard as it rained.... Neutral Sad
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Wow Did It Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow Did It Rain   Wow Did It Rain I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:17 pm

It was dry the whole time I was out of town and it poured as soon as we got back...so now its back to grass cutting until I move,.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wow Did It Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow Did It Rain   Wow Did It Rain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wow Did It Rain
Page 1 of 1