BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Grumpy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Grumpy

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff Empty
PostSubject: Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff   Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:26 pm

I started this over at JMJ and wanted to continue with it so I moved it here.

One pot contains Miracle Grow Moisture Control potting soil which sells for about $7.00 a bag. The other contains Hyponex potting soil which costs $1.57 at Walmart. So far, it looks like the cheap stuff is winning. I added a small amount of 12-12-12 fertilizer to both pots on June 12th because the leaves were turning yellow on the Miracle grow plants. I will continue updating the photos as time goes.

Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff Soil
Back to top Go down
Grumpy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff   Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff Soil1
Back to top Go down
Grumpy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff   Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff Soil2
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff   Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 5:07 pm

I think that the Miracle grow plants had more flowers, but i think that it took alot out of the plant making it loose it's bloom sooner. I suppose if the flower was suppose to keep it's blooms and get fruit it would still be going like crazy, i know that i use the same stuff to get my plants going then after they are established in the garden i use the liquid Miracle grow on my plants once every 2 weeks till harvest time. Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff 718230
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146

PostSubject: Re: Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff   Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:13 pm

Great post, Grumpy! Thanks for sharing... FYI for anyone that doesn't know this... When you blooms on your plants start wilting or dieing, pluck them off. That will promote more blossoms to come on. You will be amazed at the difference of the plants that you don't pluck the blooms versus the ones that you do!
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff   Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:54 am

Thanks grumpy, I think the hyponex is by far the better one and the blooms are lasting longer.
Back to top Go down
radish
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
radish

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff   Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:06 pm

I would vote for the hyponex. Thanks Grumpy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff   Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miracle Grow vs. cheap stuff
Page 1 of 1