BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wanted

Go down 
+3
ricker
flatcatnightmare
North Star
7 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Wanted   Wanted I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 10:09 am

Wanted Fishing Reports From The Midwest Region, Let Us Know How The Fish Are Biting In Your Area And Type Of Baits Being Used If Known. Thank You From Big Fish Midwest. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
flatcatnightmare
Nickel
Nickel
flatcatnightmare

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted   Wanted I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:01 pm

The creek behind the hosue has a thin layer of ice acrooss it but is starting to have some clearing with the last few days of mild weather , if I can manage to net some shad tomorrow I'm gonna try some Bluecat fishing before the game , I'll keep ya posted .
Back to top Go down
ricker
Penny
Penny

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted   Wanted I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:21 pm

It must be slow a lot of places. there isn't much activity going on out there on the lakes. I've been on Gilcrest, Camp, Scandi, Johanna, and a by a few other little hot spots but even they are showing fish but not aggressive enough to catch a meal. It looks like if you want action this time of year you need to put up tip ups with northern bait on them. I have had some success with ham. northerns seem to be drawn to the hole if there is a nice piece of Ham down there.
ricker
Back to top Go down
http://rick.gronseth@mn.usda.gov
tim
Nickel
Nickel
tim

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted   Wanted I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 12:01 am

down here in wv i know the trout stocking is in full swing and they tell me they been catching several saugers and a few saugeye and some crappie in some of the public fishing lakes near home they been using minnows and little jigs and they also been using trout magnets for the trout in the local streams hopefully i will get to be out there in a few weeeks trying to catch my own
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted   Wanted I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 12:10 am

tim wrote:
down here in wv i know the trout stocking is in full swing and they tell me they been catching several saugers and a few saugeye and some crappie in some of the public fishing lakes near home they been using minnows and little jigs and they also been using trout magnets for the trout in the local streams hopefully i will get to be out there in a few weeeks trying to catch my own
that trout fishing sounds like alot of fun, i think me and the kids are going to give it a shot this summer. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
jimhs
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jimhs

Number of posts : 378

Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted   Wanted I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 5:37 am

There are a few lakes around here that have some pretty good Rainbows in them. When the ice is gone I'll be putting the boat in and fishing for some then. Probably won't be until April though. But I'm looking forward to getting out and doing some kind of fishing. It's been tooooooooooooooooooooooooo long.

Jim Cool
Back to top Go down
jman
Nickel
Nickel
jman

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted   Wanted I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 2:44 pm

I when march 1. we caught about 12 sunnys and maybe 11 channels. alot of dinks. I drove 250 miles around southern Indiana checking spots I fish thru out the year. the weathe rwas nice along as the sun was shinning. Light coat was all i needed. It felt great to be out and casting. sorry no pics they weren't really worth it. we thru them all back. we got one here and one there. If I had of realized we do as good as we did I could be eatingfish today.
some of the lakes still had ice. alot of them were open. We fished White river and creeks south of spencer, in. Linton, Dugger,Minehaha, and turtle creek resevoir.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted   Wanted I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 2:57 pm

Sounds Like You Had A Really Good Time Lenny Thats great That The Ice Is Leaving The Lakes Down There We Have A While Here Yet(3feet) Thanks For Sharing Your Outing Buddy. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted   Wanted I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 7:17 pm

It was warm enough down here to be out but way to muddy, I afraid if it's melted down far enough you might be knee deep in just mud, but its getting closer and closer.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted   Wanted I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 10:22 am

I Will Be Checking Into A Few More Reports Today Things Seen To Be Good Right Now On Most Lakes. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted   Wanted I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanted
Page 1 of 1