BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip...

Go down 
+2
North Star
OhioFisher
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OhioFisher
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
OhioFisher

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... Empty
PostSubject: Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip...   Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 1:29 pm

On the Friday we left Gas we found the cheapest we could at 3.82 filled up and headed on our way. Crossed the Michigan border. Passed Cabelas in Dundee, Frankenmuth, and lots of small lakes. Then we finally after 6hrs. of driving made it to Makinac Bridge! What a sight-That day it was very foggy a bit scary but very fun! We stopped at the vistors center across the strip and did some walking around very cool! After a couple of hours driving past Makinac we made it to Sault Ste. Marie. Here we would stop for the night and I would stumble onto a few fishing spots. The first spot was by a dam where a guy was fishing from the shore for atlantic salmon. He got one it was nice probably about 10lbs. we got a Hungry Howies pizza-sat around and no one else got any more fish. After this we drove aaround and I saw a sign that said "fishing for kids 16 and under only" I thought ok heres my chance and it was I got 8 trout in a 30 min. span! One being good sized even! We also explored the soo locks!
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 07180811
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 07180812
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 07180810
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 07180811
From here we woke up early got across to border on the international bridge with ease and headed our way to the Canadian wilderness. We went past many cool areas lots of lake superior watch the scenery video. It has lots of cool stuff on it! Here are some pics from the way up.
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 013-1
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 014
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 015
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 016
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 018
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 020
then we got into a little animal like surroundings. First we came upon some roadkill moose 2 to be exact-one being a bull! After this we finally got to see soemething a lttle more "Alive." This was a black bear, right on the berm of the road! Very cool how he didn't care much of us being there and we got to watch him. Got some good pictures from the too. The video also has some of this...
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 017
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 021
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 025
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 029
After about 9hrs. or driving we finally made it to pash lake! After being greeted by Chad with a "how the hell are ya" we knew this would be a good week! We got our boat and motor which can be rented at an affordable price and headed on our first mini adventure through some rapids to a nearby lake. We knew the good spots in this lake and we got some good fish there probably about 30 or so... Before I go on I think I should introduce to you the regulations of this zone (6) There is a slot limit on northern pike you cannot keep fish in between 27.5 and 35.5in. so a 27in. pike is a "good eater" I got 2 here at this lake and a 32in. slot fish! dad also got a nice 30in. pike!
First of the year
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 035
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 036
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 038
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 037
The next day we went to a lake that is VERY hard to get to! We like it for big fish in big numbers! After going through hell and high water we finally made it! We fished this lake 2 days and to tell you how long it takes to get there leaving at 8:30 we didn't start fishing until 1 or 2! We threw spoons- 1oz. daredevils and nailed about 250 pike in a 2 day span! I got the biggest-a 34in. which in this zone (7) we could keep it :food: This was a great lake here are some pics.
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 040
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 041
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 042
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 043
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 045
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 047
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 053
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 057
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 060
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 049
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 061
As you know being the adventure type we had to take another on our 3rd. day. This time for walleyes. We went to a lake that we knew from last year was LOADED with eyes. After working for awhile to find them we did-in the current! At the first small inlet stream we got about 30 eyes in 30 mins! With minnows and jigs... Then moved onto the second and main inlet stream... Here we nailed I mean nailed walleyes on every cast for over and hour! We had an awesome shore lunch and caught most of the eyes from shore. Here we didn't even need minnows! Just jig and tail. We got many bug bites though because we had to walk through swamp to get there but it was well worth it. Check out the video for this one! Dad got the biggest though 25in. (Canadian Trophy) and a 22in. Pics-
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 068
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 070
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 071
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 072
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 069
After being a little worn out from the first two trips we decided to take an "easier" route and just head up river from the cabins to a few good spots we knew about 3 lakes up (The cabins are loacted on a set of chain lakes up can go up or down) Anyways got to this lake hit a weed bed (Thats where we get 90% of our pike) and wasn't long we were hitting pike on every other cast nice slot fish too! Check the vids for this one too-wish I could have gotten more video though... I even caught the same fish from last year it was a 34in. "hunchback" (You'll see from the pics) Same lure-same spot! Dad and I both got many slot fish and kept 6 to take home. Pics
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 078
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 080
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 081
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 082
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 090
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 095
Another day for an adventure being rested and relaxed this time for more pike this lake had not been fished in 10+ years and was very hard to get too! With logs all over the trail... Luckily canadian soil up there is more gravel than anything else or we would have been stuck! We got there at about 2 o'clock and headed to the one fishable spot in this decently sized lake. It wasn't long until we started hitting them good and man it was awesome fish after fish... No big ones-then they slowed dwn-we were causually drifting when Dad and I hit a double! I knew I had a big one from the start! It was staying down and when I got him to the boat man he was HUGE! Finally after Dad screwed around with his fish not believeing I had a big one, got the net out and realized its size! He got a good net on him after a GREAT fight. The fish would measure 38/1/2in. even though the video says 37 (Heres the story-the ruler on the side of the boat only went to 36in.-My fish went over so I figured it was 37... when we took a ape measure to it later it was 38/1/2in!) We got a few small ones-good video-nice pics
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 099
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 106
Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... 110
Our Last Day... I was in the mood for walleye so went went to the lake right above the first walleye lake. Tough trail to get there but not terrible. Had to haul all of our geear to the nice boat waiting for us to get some eyes! We went straight to a spot chad (Pasha Lake Owner) put us on! Bam we were on the eyes-with minnows this time-we also got many pike. I got the biggest eye at 22in. It was a great time! We fished weeds hump and trees all poduced fish! For all of the lakes!

In the end-I had my best week of fishing ever! I loved the cabins the area the scenery the animals the weather the sky the fishing most of all! It was a great trip and we will be back again next year for more fishing and fun-stay tuned with my vids!
Scenery From The Trip-Look Below for more video-

Check here for 4 more videos
http://ohiooutdoors.org/out-of-state-reports-f15/pasha-lake-canadian-wilderness-fishing-t277.htm#857
Back to top Go down
http://ohiooutdoors.org
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip...   Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 2:20 pm

Buddy I Am jealous Them Are Some Of The Best Fishing Pictures That I Have Seen Of A Fishing Trip In Along Time, Very Well Narrated On The Play By Play From Picture To Picture. Sure Is A Bummer About That Big Old Moose It's A Shame That It Wasn't In Some Ones Freezer. Man You Guys Caught A Ton Of Fish Bet Your Arms Got One Heck Of A Work Out Reeling Them In, And I Bet They Tasted Awesome To Did You Have A Shore Lunch ??. Buddy Thanks A Bunch For Sharing Your Vacation With Us It Was As If I Was There. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
newfie2007
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
newfie2007

Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip...   Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 3:37 pm

kool pices
Back to top Go down
http://world-of-outdoors.canadian-forum.com/
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643

PostSubject: Re: Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip...   Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 10:47 pm

What a wonderful story that is. It could not be any better. I wish I was there.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip...   Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:41 pm

Nice Fish and great pics!!!
Back to top Go down
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421

PostSubject: Re: Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip...   Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 2:53 pm

All I can say is wow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip...   Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thos of you who wanted a nothing but nature canadian trip...
Page 1 of 1