BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forecasters project major Red River flooding

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Forecasters project major Red River flooding Empty
PostSubject: Forecasters project major Red River flooding   Forecasters project major Red River flooding I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:03 am

FARGO, N.D. (AP) - The National Weather Service says the Red River Basin, still digging out from a March blizzard, could see record spring flooding.

The latest weather service outlook projects major flooding for most of the basin, including the cities of Fargo and Grand Forks. It says "the magnitude of the expected flooding has not been seen in several years."

Forecasters say there's a 50 percent chance the Red will crest in Fargo at 38.6 feet and a 90 percent chance it will crest at 36.5 feet. Flood stage is 18 feet.

The weather service projects a 50 percent chance the Red in Grand Forks will crest at around 50.5 feet and a 90 percent chance it will hit 47.9 feet. Flood stage there is 28 feet.

The river topped 54 feet in Grand Forks during the 1997 flood disaster that swamped the city and led to the building of a dike system to protect against another flood of that magnitude.

Cities along the river already have declared flood emergencies to free up resources for flood fighting. The basin is recovering from a blizzard that dumped 10 inches of snow in the Fargo area earlier this week.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Forecasters project major Red River flooding   Forecasters project major Red River flooding I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:13 am

Get your boats ready!
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Forecasters project major Red River flooding   Forecasters project major Red River flooding I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:21 am

Yep yep, Greg! Sounds about like around this area. If any of you get a chance, go to .www.wtol.com. That is our local channel 11 news team here. I'm not sure if they have much on Defiance right now, but I know they do in Dundee, Michigan. Things are pretty bad in that area also
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Forecasters project major Red River flooding   Forecasters project major Red River flooding I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:46 pm

Today me and the little woman spent all day out on the paper route and seen alot of areas that the water was running pretty good across the roads so be careful when crossing these areas i am sure they are real rutted up right now.
This here pic it is hard to see, but the water is coming out of the field from that grove of trees.
Forecasters project major Red River flooding 100_4766-1
the other pics are from the same area but are starting to gouge a trench along the trees along the road were the water is running along.
Forecasters project major Red River flooding 100_4765-1
Forecasters project major Red River flooding 100_4767-1
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Forecasters project major Red River flooding   Forecasters project major Red River flooding I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 10:11 pm

Cool pics, Mike! I'm sure that your flooding time is just around the corner. Be safe when you're out and about and watch the water over the roads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forecasters project major Red River flooding   Forecasters project major Red River flooding I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forecasters project major Red River flooding
Page 1 of 1