BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chipawa Lakes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shortshank009
Penny
Penny
shortshank009

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Chipawa Lakes Empty
PostSubject: Chipawa Lakes   Chipawa Lakes I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 1:11 pm

Mike, I know this is in your neighbor hood but This is a TRUE story. I lived back in Il. when this happened. My cousin called me up and said would you like to go fishing? Does a shark @#$# in the water?? He said load your boat and gear we're going as far North as we can go and still be in the U.S. The Chipawa Lakes for a week! I asked if I should check the news and see who got robbed..or if he won the Lotto?? Nope..I just wanted us to get up there before we die. You got the truck & boat & I got the cabin. We left the 2ond day of July..I drove 900 miles, FREEZING to death I stopped at our resort to check in and grab a couple "suds" for the week. I asked for a case of beer and the keeper quickly said "..we don't sell beer here in this state by the case..Being young(?) I said give me two 12 packs..he instantly placed 2 twelve pks. on the counter.." July back home is HOT. Out there it rained EVERY day and never got above 56* the whole time we were there. The biggest fish we had boated was a 7 pound sucker and we had thrown EVERY bait we had at them -0- fish, drowned, frozen, yep.... time to visit one of the very nice resorts for some much needed R&R. We headed out about 7:30 to a recomended spot. Very, very nice..giant fireplace burning..band playing..4 pool tables in the back Yes Sir it was good to be young and alive! We played pool for over an hour and had 7 beers each getting hot on our table so we quit and sat down to inspect the locals. We sat there about 10 - 15 minutes and this young fella( about 13-14yrs. old) walked right over to me like I was related and starts telling me about this monster bullhead He had just caught and what a fight he put up and right in the middle of telling me this story he looked over at my cousin an said " anyone ever tell you you look like DRACULA??" I fell out of my chair laughing..Herb looked at me and said "did you hear what he said to me?"..I could not speak. Almost as quickly the young man turned back to me and finished his story. We have talked about that for over 40 years and as yet never failed to produce a chuckle when I ask if Dracula is there affraid affraid affraid affraid

Don
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Chipawa Lakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chipawa Lakes   Chipawa Lakes I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 1:25 pm

good story don them chippewa lakes and the river system is one heck of a fishery, i have the chippewa river that surrounds me on all sides that i fish for just about anything you want to fish, yes even musky. buddy that was some memories made in that story and glad that you shared that with us. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
timber
Admin
Admin
timber

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Chipawa Lakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chipawa Lakes   Chipawa Lakes I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 10:55 am

That was a good story. And it got a chuckle!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chipawa Lakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chipawa Lakes   Chipawa Lakes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chipawa Lakes
Page 1 of 1