BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Took Another Ride

Go down 
+2
saltfisher1
jimhs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jimhs
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jimhs

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Took Another Ride Empty
PostSubject: Took Another Ride   Took Another Ride I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 2:27 pm

We took another ride yesterday. This time we went up to Kilamacue Lake, in the Elkhorn Range of mountains. The trail going up there was made mostly by horses and mules over the years. It has some extremely rocky and narrow stretches and has some, what we would call pretty "Technical" parts as far as motorcycle riding goes. The only motorcycles that could possibly make it into there are "Observed Trials" motorcycles like we have. There are lots of dead trees that have fallen over the trail in places. What you can't go around you have to go OVER. Here are some pictures from the ride.

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE1

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE4

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE5

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE6

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE9

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE8

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE7

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE3

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE2

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE19

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE16

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE15

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE13

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE12

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE11

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE10

There was a fire going in the area and this guy was hauling a bucket to drop water with. He was hauling the bucket going in, but he dropped it off somewhere and in these two pictures he's going back out without it and all you can see is the cable he was hauling it with.
Took Another Ride KILAMACUE17

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE18

And here's the lake.
Took Another Ride KILAMACUE14

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE22

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE21

Took Another Ride KILAMACUE20

Jim Cool
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Took Another Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Took Another Ride   Took Another Ride I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 2:41 pm

Thats just some pretty country there.....I bet it looks awsome in winter too.
Back to top Go down
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Took Another Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Took Another Ride   Took Another Ride I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 2:42 pm

That is some beautiful pics , thanks
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520

Took Another Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Took Another Ride   Took Another Ride I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 2:54 pm

That sure looks like some nice country, bet the fishing in that lake is good too.
Back to top Go down
newfie2007
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
newfie2007

Number of posts : 766

Took Another Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Took Another Ride   Took Another Ride I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:55 pm

nice pics Jim
Back to top Go down
http://world-of-outdoors.canadian-forum.com/
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875

Took Another Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Took Another Ride   Took Another Ride I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:06 pm

Hey Buddy That Is Some Awesome Country There I Really Hope To Get Out There To See It Some Time We Have Relatives In Washington. Hey I Was Always Going To Ask You, Is There A Big Temp Change When You Guy's Get Up That High. O.H. Yea Have You Ever Fished That Lake If So What Did Ya Catch.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
jimhs
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jimhs

Took Another Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Took Another Ride   Took Another Ride I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:34 am

To answer your first question Mike, yes there is a big change in the temperature. It can be hotter than blazes down here in the valley, and a lot of the time we go for a ride just to get the heck out of here and get up there where it's a lot cooler. Sometimes there can be as much as a 20 degree difference in the temperature.

And for your second question, no I have never fished it and neither has Ray. We did see some trout in it though. And there are a lot of little trout in the 5 to 6 inch range down below in the creek that comes out of the lake. They are Rainbow Trout.

Jim Cool
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875

Took Another Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Took Another Ride   Took Another Ride I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 8:31 am

YUM YUM YUM Trout Are Some Tasty Fish, I Forgot To Ask Did That Helicopter Lose His Bucket Then. Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
jimhs
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jimhs

Took Another Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Took Another Ride   Took Another Ride I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:04 am

Apparently Mike, he dropped it off somewhere. Ray said he saw him going in the other direction while we were riding up to the lake, and he said that the helicopter had the big bucket on the end of the cable then. I didn't see him at that time. But when he came back out all you could see was the cable with a big round ball on the end, which was probably a weight like they use on cranes and things like that. I guess that doesn't mean that he didn't lose it, but I doubt it. He may have been taking it and dropping it off in LaGrande where most of the firefighting is done from. The Unatilla National Forest Headquarters is in LaGrande.

Jim Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Took Another Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Took Another Ride   Took Another Ride I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Took Another Ride
Page 1 of 1