BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

shop manual

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-12-07

shop manual Empty
PostSubject: shop manual   shop manual I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:31 pm

Well I received my dealer shop manual for my johnson outboard the other day and I have been doing some reading!
I FOUND OUT THAT THE ONLY DIFFERENCE between 90 AND A 115 WAS THE CARBURATOR JETS!
sO I was outside looking my outboard over and spotted a gas leak on the bottom of the power carb. I had to take the carb off to address this so I decided to take both of them off.
ALL the screws on the bowls were about a half turn loose so I tightened them up . Then I took out the high speed jets and found the drill bit that just fit them then found one a little bigger maybe a 32nd, and drilled it out!
I looked on the chart I have in the manual and according to the part number it was the smallest jet so that is why I drilled it out!
I took it out on the lake for a short run and let me tell you this thing scoots!! It jumps out of the hole and is on step in a heart beat running about 54oo rpm's I never could get more than 5ooo out of it before so I am giving JESUS the credit because I could have drilled it too big and be replacing the jets :face:
the lake was too riff to find out just how fast it would run but I know as quickly as it got on step I am way better off than before. As of now no gas leak so I am grateful for that also!! I thought I was going to have to kit the carbs, but for now we will just wait and see how it goes!! THANK THE LORD!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

shop manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: shop manual   shop manual I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 6:00 pm

Well That Is Great To Hear Pappy Im Glad Things Have Been An Easy Fix For Ya. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-12-07

shop manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: shop manual   shop manual I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 10:11 pm

RECANT!!!THEY ALSO HAVE A DIFFERENT EXAUST CALLED A BUBBLE BACK
I CHECKED THE DRILL BIT SIZE AND IT WAS 5 THOUSANTHS SMALLER THAN THE JETS OFF A 115 HP. i WILL TRY IT FOR A WHILE AND SEE HOW IT GOES ON FUEL, I AM THINKING IT SHOULD BE A BETTER BURN AT SAY 4 THOUSAND RPMS THAN BEFORE, BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO RUN SO WELL .I WILL UPDATE YOU MAYBE NEXT MONTH WHEN I START FISHING FOR SOME CRAPPIE AND TELL YOU HOW IT IS DOING!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

shop manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: shop manual   shop manual I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

shop manual
Page 1 of 1