BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flagging Noodles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Deerslayer
Dime
Dime
Deerslayer

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Flagging Noodles Empty
PostSubject: Flagging Noodles   Flagging Noodles I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 2:21 pm

This is how I made and rigged mine. Haven't had but a few chances to use them but they work great. Kids young and old love them.

1. Materials needed
Pool Noodles, I like the yellow because you can see them from a distance. But if you live in Texas you will need white or some white duct tape to put on them.
1" PVC pipe
1" Tees
1" end caps
PVC pipe glue and cleaner
drill and small drill bit
Screw in eye bolts
6" lengths of rebar
Duct Tape
Reflective Tape
#18 Trotline Cord
3-way swivels
weight

Directions

Cut your noodles into 3 equal lengths, you will end up with 3 sections just over 19 inches long.
Cut your 1" PVC pipe into 2 foot lengths.
Glue a Tee onto a 2 foot section of pipe.
Slide the noodle onto the pipe all the way to the Tee.
Drop a 6" piece of re-bar into the pipe.
Glue on an end cap.
After glue sets up drill a pilot hole into the center of the end cap.
Screw an eye bolt into the hole you made in the end cap.
Wrap the reflective tape around both ends of the Tee.
Rigging
There is probably a thousand ways to rig your lines but this is how I rig them. They say a picture is worth a thousand words so you can view the pics to see how I have them rigged.

This pic shows the end cap and the eye bolt that I attached the main line to using #18 trotline cord.

Flagging Noodles Jugs005

This one shows the Tee end and shows two things. One it shows the rebar inside and when you set the jug out make sure the rebar is on this end. When a fish hits it the rebar will slide to the other end and show that it has had a hit. Two it shows where I wrap duct tape around this end to put the hook into for storage. This keeps the hook from damaging the noodle so it will last longer.

Flagging Noodles Jugs004

This one shows where I wrap the reflective tape. I fished with a guy the other day and I was telling him how I rigged and he gave me a good tip that I'm going to try. He wraps glow sticks around them to see them at night.

Flagging Noodles Jugs001

This one shows the jug layed out and ready for bait. You can get an idea of how i have them rigged. I run #18 trotline cord, three way swivels, 7/0 kahles and 5 oz. bank sinkers on mine but I have heard that circle hooks work well on them also. You will also notice I run the sinker drop lower than the hook drop. I do this for three reasons. 1. It seems to help keep it from snagging on logs etc... 2. The sinker will bottom out when it hits shallow water to keep it from blowing up on shore. 3. It seems to set the hook better like this. You will also notice I just run one hook and they are just 5 to 6 foot drops. I catch a lot of fish shallow even ion 30 foot water.

Flagging Noodles Jugs003

This one shows the jug rolled up and ready for storage. I've used 3 liter pop bottles for years and these are easier to store.

Flagging Noodles Jugs002

Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Flagging Noodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flagging Noodles   Flagging Noodles I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 2:31 pm

Pretty Cool Setup There Hope To Get Down That Way Some Time To Fish That Way With John. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Flagging Noodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flagging Noodles   Flagging Noodles I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 5:41 pm

Cool setup!
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Flagging Noodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flagging Noodles   Flagging Noodles I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 11:37 pm

My nephew makes his that way too..We have a lot of fun fishing those things..I love watching them bob up and down..And then if one goes under ...Man that's fun..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flagging Noodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flagging Noodles   Flagging Noodles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flagging Noodles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Information Corner :: Tips/Ideas-
Jump to: