BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new here HI

Go down 
+4
jimhs
pappy3
North Star
pappysfishingbuddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
pappysfishingbuddy
Penny
Penny

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-02-06

new here HI Empty
PostSubject: new here HI   new here HI I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 7:31 pm

Hey, I wanted to share my fishing trip with pappy this weekend. We were in deep water and the cat hung on a tree. Dad and I decided to unhook the boat from our stump and attempt to free the line. No luck A big fish lost and to make it worse pappy said that it was the first lost fish this season. I dont know I havent been there all the time. After setting up again bout 11:00 am we cast out and Dad began to retie his pole. Too bad cause within a minute the pole on my side was zooming. Now if I had landed the first fish this would be Dads and he was busy anyway right? What did he say? "If you snooze you loose." I was ready for the most fun three minutes fishing ever. Dad was giveing me the run down of what to do as if I was some newby but he was just as excited as me. The fish jerked the rod down into the water pulling my puney little arm with it. Dad said dont let him do that as if I had a choice I was giving it all I had. When it surfaced he and I both knew why I was being thronged so easly. It was a fish of a lifetime wieghing 70lbs. and measuring 49 inches long & 36 around. Thinking that it was a lake reccord we left to make it official. ADVICE TIE THE FISH UP WITH YOUR BOW LINE AND KEEP FISHING. If it is a lake reccord know one will beat it that day anyway. Enjoy the rest of your fishing. When it was all said and done I missed the lake reccord by .23lbs not 23lbs but .23lbs. BUMMER but still a great day fishing. If it was the fish in the Bible with the gold coin I might have made the reccord. PAPPY I look forward to the next time.. new here HI IMG_0407new here HI IMG_0395new here HI IMG_0402
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

new here HI Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here HI   new here HI I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 7:51 pm

Buddy That Is One Awesome Fish And Yes In Most Cases A Fish Of A Life Time, Congrats My Friend And Keep On Trying To Get That Lake Record It Im Sure Is There Some Were. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-12-07

new here HI Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here HI   new here HI I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 7:51 pm

ME too. I hope to see you this week end?go sat,morning get fresh bait catch another hog! cheers
Back to top Go down
jimhs
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jimhs

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2007-12-05

new here HI Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here HI   new here HI I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:35 pm

Remember over at JMJ I told you that if you were going to go fishing with Pappy you would probably catch some nice fish??? Well I hate to do it buddy, but:

I TOLD YOU SO Smile Smile Smile

Jim Cool

P. S. A big welcome to you from Big Fish Midwest
Back to top Go down
katfish
Nickel
Nickel
katfish

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-12-10

new here HI Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here HI   new here HI I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 4:21 pm

Your result are typical for flathead fishing. You can pretty much expect
to catch one or 2 that size on each and every trip Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.stormpages.com/katchaser/index.html
Ace
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Ace

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2008-01-20

new here HI Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here HI   new here HI I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:07 pm

Great fish bet it felt good on the rod.
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818

new here HI Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here HI   new here HI I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 10:09 pm

Nice catch... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520

new here HI Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here HI   new here HI I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 10:56 pm

Nice kitty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new here HI Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here HI   new here HI I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new here HI
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Lets Talk Catfish :: Lets Talk Catfish-
Jump to: