BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheating scandal at U.S. Open rocks bass-fishing community

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Cheating scandal at U.S. Open rocks bass-fishing community Empty
PostSubject: Cheating scandal at U.S. Open rocks bass-fishing community   Cheating scandal at U.S. Open rocks bass-fishing community I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:50 pm

A professional angler found to have stuffed lead sinkers down the throats of fish he submitted for weigh-ins during a prestigious bass-fishing tournament has been banned for life from that and other competitions in a scandal that has rocked the tight-knit and passionate bass-fishing community.

Mike Hart, a successful Southern California pro whose career earnings total more than $200,000, was accused of cheating in this manner during the recent $100,000 U.S. Open held at sprawling Lake Mead on the Nevada-Arizona border. An official with the Western Outdoor News bass tour said Hart confessed after he was caught virtually red-handed.

WON Bass will not pursue criminal charges against Hart, but the episode has tournament organizers around the country speaking out against cheating and seeking ways to prevent their events from being similarly tarnished.

"On the one hand it was a day of infamy for organized bass fishing in America," said Harvey Naslund, director of the WON circuit. "But on the other hand it was a major victory for all who have long cared for, and taken steps to protect the integrity of bass-fishing tournaments."

Catching a cheat is difficult because tournaments are catch-and-release, so bass are kept in aerated wells on the boats and weighed live at the end of each fishing day, then released.

However, sometimes bass die after being caught and Hart had offered three dead fish during the weigh-in on the second-to-last day of the U.S. Open. They were filleted so the meat could be delivered to a charity, and found to contain weights.

....more.....
http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/19468/cheating+scandal+at+us+open+rocks+bass-fishing+community/
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Cheating scandal at U.S. Open rocks bass-fishing community   Cheating scandal at U.S. Open rocks bass-fishing community I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:13 pm

Yea, I read it this earlier. Thats just wrong and cheater.. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Cheating scandal at U.S. Open rocks bass-fishing community   Cheating scandal at U.S. Open rocks bass-fishing community I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:16 pm

Yep...Thats just greed.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Cheating scandal at U.S. Open rocks bass-fishing community   Cheating scandal at U.S. Open rocks bass-fishing community I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:37 am

You know that happens more than one thinks, i have heard of that happening around here in the smaller tournaments to and yes it is as wrong as wrong can be. My opinion is with this is that that person should never be able to be in any other contest again any were in any state, nor should he be able to have anything to do with them.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheating scandal at U.S. Open rocks bass-fishing community   Cheating scandal at U.S. Open rocks bass-fishing community I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheating scandal at U.S. Open rocks bass-fishing community
Page 1 of 1