BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gulf cleanup will change once oil stops for good

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Gulf cleanup will change once oil stops for good Empty
PostSubject: Gulf cleanup will change once oil stops for good   Gulf cleanup will change once oil stops for good I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:37 am

NEW ORLEANS – The government's point man for the Gulf spill plans to meet with coastal parish officials Thursday to talk about what's next now that the oil has stopped flowing.

Retired Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen said crews are having trouble finding patches of the crude that had been washing up on beaches and coating delicate coastal wetlands since the Deepwater Horizon offshore drilling rig exploded April 20, killing 11 people.

Though no one knows for sure how much oil might be lurking below the surface, most of what was coming ashore has broken up or been sucked up by skimming boats or burned.

"The oil that we do see is weathered, it is sheen," Allen said.

Barring a calamity, the oil won't start flowing again before BP PLC can permanently kill the well, which could happen as soon as mid-August. Allen said the Coast Guard expects oil to keep showing up on beaches four to six weeks after that happens.

A tally of beaches hurt by the oil from Louisiana to the Florida Panhandle found they've been closed or slapped with health warnings more than 2,200 times through this week since the spill started. Many beaches were spared, but the environmental group National Resources Defense Council said there was no clear downward trend yet since the oil was capped July 15.

In Orange Beach, Ala., Jack Raborn said he didn't see any tar balls when he went to the shore Wednesday with friends and family. But when they entered the ocean, he said, the water was tainted.

"It feels like you've got diesel fuel on you. It's sticky," said Raborn, 49. "I was optimistic before today. I'm really disturbed by what I found once we got in the water."
....more..... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100729/ap_on_bi_ge/us_gulf_oil_spill
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Gulf cleanup will change once oil stops for good   Gulf cleanup will change once oil stops for good I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:11 am

This is far from over, even they said that things will never be 100% ever again and that is even after 20 years they said, this is bigger than one thinks that it is and as long as they have a few believers that things will get better they will keep fill people full of bullshit.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

PostSubject: Re: Gulf cleanup will change once oil stops for good   Gulf cleanup will change once oil stops for good I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:08 pm

Yesterday there were over 100 BP vehicles leaving the area.....There is still oil under the sand here but BP looks at it like "Out of sight out of mind"
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Gulf cleanup will change once oil stops for good   Gulf cleanup will change once oil stops for good I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:28 pm

That is just what im taking about. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

PostSubject: Re: Gulf cleanup will change once oil stops for good   Gulf cleanup will change once oil stops for good I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:38 pm

The 20 billion thats supposed to be put to the side to help folks suffering with finances with this mess is hard to get....The government or who ever is overseeing it has made it very hard to qualify and receive money.....Businesses that applied 2 months ago might have received a 5000 dollar check but that dont cover 90,000 in losses.....Most places are just taking BP to court because that seems to be the fastest way to get money out of them.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Gulf cleanup will change once oil stops for good   Gulf cleanup will change once oil stops for good I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Hell ya i would take them to court for every penny i could get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gulf cleanup will change once oil stops for good   Gulf cleanup will change once oil stops for good I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gulf cleanup will change once oil stops for good
Page 1 of 1