BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thought I forgot how to catch fish

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Thought I forgot how to catch fish Empty
PostSubject: Thought I forgot how to catch fish   Thought I forgot how to catch fish I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:17 pm

Well I thought I forgot how to catch fish. Last Friday Papa and I went out during the afternoon. I got a few hits on the clams I was using and actually caught a small leather back turtle. We got some deer liver from a buddy of Dick's to use for bait. Papa got a couple good hits. I finally told Dick I'm going to fish like you said you used to. No weight. I casted out the liver with no weight and within 15 minutes I had a small 2 - 3 pound channel cat. After the luck we've had the last year or two I just figured I had forgotten how to catch cats.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Thought I forgot how to catch fish   Thought I forgot how to catch fish I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:28 pm

lolol Ridge i have found some different ways also of fishing for them but i will be honest i have never cat fished without any weight on the line i bet that would be difficult if there was any current at all. Congrats buddy on the catch. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Thought I forgot how to catch fish   Thought I forgot how to catch fish I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:28 pm

I need to get back to fishing somewhere before I forget how.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Thought I forgot how to catch fish   Thought I forgot how to catch fish I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:32 am

Glad to hear you're catching fish, ridge. We haven't been fishing since mid May. Been too busy with the mowing business, plus me going back to college, has really put a damper on things. Hell, we've been staying at the campground for 5 weeks now and haven't even fished here yet.. LOL.. 8 acre pond. Has bluegill, perch, crappie, and bass in it. Some good sized ones too. Although, it's only catch and release right now. The campground has only been open for 5 years, so they want to get the population up on the fish before they start letting people keep the fish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought I forgot how to catch fish   Thought I forgot how to catch fish I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thought I forgot how to catch fish
Page 1 of 1