BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trout

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Trout Empty
PostSubject: Trout   Trout I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 9:06 pm

Lets Talk Trout And What Waters You Pulled Them From, These Are Some Awesome Eating Fish And Im Sure There Are Some Really Cool Pictures Also. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Trout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trout   Trout I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 10:15 pm

Oh my gosh, I would have to think about this one. On trout it is not the size of fish that matters but the joy of being there and catching them. Out there with nature without anything around except nature and you.

I have fished many creeks and streams over my life time all out in natures wonderland. The beauty of just being there. Even little brook trout about 7 inches go just wonderful in the pan. Of course I have caught larger also but those little ones are fun too. I remember an Upper Paninsla little stream I invented for my self a poke and drop method. Where the brush is thick find a small opening and poke the pole through the opening and drop the bait. Bingo they bite immediately. I caught enought for three adults and three grand children very quickly that way.

Others were a little more struggle to get like on the Jorden River. But when you get one it is a nice one. I remember the largest one that I got, except for Lake Michigan boat fishing, and that was on a cold night in December about 60 miles south of the straits. Nice fish but when I got it over the bank my fingers would not move as they were too cold. I carried the fish in my arms. All fun of course.

And then being on a stream during a mayfly hatch. That only happened to me once just before dark. It was wonderful. I could not catch anything but still that was one of the best memories. The fish riseing and grabbing. Just wonderful it was.

And I remember an evening up in Snowy Range Pass in Wyoming where we woke up in the morning with snow all around. 10,500 ft altitude and on a deer hunt. I was the camp cook so my youngest son and a friend were tasked with coming up with something for the evening meal. Ahhhhhh it seems they came back with some cutthroat trout. Just what we needed for the pot so I did indeed cook them.

I do not think that I could come up with the names off all the places. They were mostly in Michigan LP and some in the UP. And very few pictures were taken.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Trout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trout   Trout I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 10:27 pm

Bernie As Always I Like Reading Your Stories Buddy Thank You For Sharing It With All Of Us. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Trout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trout   Trout I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 3:52 pm

Thanks for sharing Bernie..
Back to top Go down