BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

this is the truth !!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

this is the truth !!! Empty
PostSubject: this is the truth !!!   this is the truth !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:54 am

Milwaukee Group Says It Was Unfairly Targeted
Marianne Lyles, WISN 12 News Reporter
POSTED: 9:06 pm CDT June 8, 2010
UPDATED: 9:20 pm CDT June 8, 2010
Email Print
Comments (Cool
MILWAUKEE -- Thousands of fish were illegally bagged in northern Wisconsin by Milwaukee men according the Department of Natural Resources.

One of the groups accused of over possession spoke with 12 News. The four friends are retired and spend their time at Bible study or fishing. They said a trip to Sawyer County sounded like fun.

"The fellow that owned the bait shop said sometime him and his son would go out early in the morning and by the end of the day they caught 300," said Charles Walker.

What they heard was wrong. The DNR released photos of more than 2200 fish confiscated May 21 by the Chippewa Flowage. The DNR received anonymous tips and found 13 anglers over bagged. Most were in other groups, but all were from Milwaukee. This particular group of fishermen thought they were OK during their five day stay.

"And so all of us were shocked because we thought that we could catch 25 a day," said Johnnie McGlaston.

"If I would have kept just 50 fish and not just that," said Zachary Bynum. "There's no way in the world I would have gone 300 miles, pay $1,200 for a condo just to catch 50 fish. Come on now."

"I thought I was right, but I was wrong on the possession," said Levell Willis. "But I understand now that I can only have 50 fish in your possession."

The D.N.R counted this group as being 371 fish over the possession limit.

"We got caught up this time, but why just us?" asked Bynum. "Why didn't you check everybody?"

They say they've learned their lesson. Each loses fishing privileges for at least a year and will pay a fine, ranging from $1,000 to $2,700. Except, what bothers them most is why they were the only ones targeted.

"I don't like being part of a witch hunt and that's what that was," said Walker.

12 News contacted the DNR for comment on why only Milwaukee people were on the list for over bagging, but calls were not returned he asks why there tatgeted .....cause they all do it ...ive seen hundred of times ....over limit ...undersized .....an ya get to talkin to them ...ask you from here ???....no were from milwaukee .....both andrew n my self have seen this over n over this is the truth !!! 9562
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: this is the truth !!!   this is the truth !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 7:45 am

true but very sad any way you look at it, won't take long for them fish to be gone.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: this is the truth !!!   this is the truth !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:00 am

They must be selling fish.
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: this is the truth !!!   this is the truth !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:02 pm

its just sad ....watched dnr go right by a guy with a pike that was undersized ....i was way out numbered or i would of went an told them .....this really makes me mad ....it happenes every single night here this is the truth !!! 9562
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: this is the truth !!!   this is the truth !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

this is the truth !!!
Page 1 of 1