BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

outboard

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
radish
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
radish

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2007-12-12

outboard Empty
PostSubject: outboard   outboard I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:04 pm

Pappy did you get your outboard fixed? I have not seen any catfish on this site lately. I didn't know if you were fishing or not. I went out Sunday and might as well have stayed home. Weather was good but fish were asleep. The MS river was falling 1ft. a day so i blamed that on the fish not biteing not on me not being able to find them LOL. Looks like this weekend will be fine so I will give another try. Let know what they are doing in TX.
Back to top Go down
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-12-07

outboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: outboard   outboard I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:28 pm

I am waiting for the eagle to fly so I can order a shop manual for the outboard.
I have had some great weather for fishing but I have been spending 80.00 a week on fuel so I am going to 86 that until I get it figured out. the first thing is set the lingage , then fuel pump kit and if that doesn't get it I will rebuild the cars.
Back to top Go down
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-12-07

outboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: outboard   outboard I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:55 am

update LATE UPDATE !!
I got the shop manual in and went through the linkage set up and now it not only starts easy it is using less fuel!! I am running at 5100 rpms and cannot get more out of it, I guess it is the pitch of the prop. I am going to leave it like that because I would rather get the most fuel mileage out of it I can Very Happy
I still need to do the fuel pump but I will wait for a little while ,I don't start fishing hard again for a couple of months and I am having with drawls affraid Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jimhs
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jimhs

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2007-12-05

outboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: outboard   outboard I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:55 am

I'm going through kind of the same thing myself right now Pappy. My motor has run like a top the entire time I've owned it. 25 years plus. Last fall it would start and run, but only for about 2 seconds. I found it had a hole in the fuel pump diaphram. Put a new kit in it and it still wouldn't start. I noticed that during all this time the spark was getting weaker and weaker. Talked with about 5 different mechanics on the phone and they all told me the same thing. They were all 99% sure the power pack went bad. Ordered a new one and replaced it and now the boat fires up just fine on the trailer and runs good. Throttles up ok, goes into forward and reverse ok, but when I back the thing into the water and start it, I can't put it into gear without it dying. When I can get it into gear and try to throttle it up a little bit, it sounds and feels like it's running on one cylinder. Runs really rough and will hardly keep running. Out of the water and on the trailer, with a garden hose hooked up to it, it seems to run just fine. I've given up on it. Been messing with it for two months now and am going to take it to a boat repair place in Caldwell, Idaho Monday and see if the can figure it out. I have never touched a thing on that motor other than the fuel pump diaphram and the Power Pack, and I know that they are good.

Jim Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

outboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: outboard   outboard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

outboard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Lets Talk Catfish :: Lets Talk Catfish-
Jump to: