BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Balloon rig

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Balloon rig Empty
PostSubject: Balloon rig   Balloon rig I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:32 am

I found this rig while searching for catfish rigs. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it. Looks like it could be an interesting way to cover a lot of water.

Balloon rig K1cll1
Balloon rig 2vb613s
Balloon rig 2m4sygp

You can Google balloon rig if you want to read the original article.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Balloon rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balloon rig   Balloon rig I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:38 am

Well i have never tried that, but i have tried using a balloon for a bobber and man you can really get that thing to float out there a ways if there is a bit of a breeze. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Balloon rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balloon rig   Balloon rig I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:07 am

Its illegal in alot of saltwater areas to use balloons because the sea turtles will mistakenly eat them and die...We use lemon bottles instead.
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Balloon rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balloon rig   Balloon rig I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:07 pm

Well Papa and I went out today, and the balloon rig worked pretty good. I like the fact that it covered a lot of water on the pond. Papa came up with some good ideas after seeing how it worked.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Balloon rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balloon rig   Balloon rig I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:10 am

How did the fishing go did ya get any ??? or is the water still a bit to chilly yet, i think there talking water temps here in the low 40's and we need at least 47 to 50 degrees before the kitties start to bite here. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Balloon rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balloon rig   Balloon rig I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 1:23 pm

Yep Mike the water is still a little bit cold, but it was a good day for ridge to try out his balloon. I was impressed at how good it worked out. My idea was to use 3 rods, one just to get the bait out, by making a small wooden boat (just a piece of wood and some sides on it and lay the sinker on the boat, float it out to where you want to fish, then just give it a little yank and poof down to the bottom it goes. Ridge deffinetly got it out farther than we could cast, so with the little boat we could get out whre others can't. My idea is to fasten the balloon to the front tip so that it takes it out. Then I could bring it back in and take my other one out to another destination. I know one pond we fish, using my 7ft rod and my abu 6000 I can get out farther than others fish and have had some good luck catching some good cats, 9lbers, which are pretty good for our area. Just something to keep the mind thinking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Balloon rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balloon rig   Balloon rig I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Balloon rig
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Lets Talk Catfish :: Lets Talk Catfish-
Jump to: