BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bought a boat................

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Bought a boat................ Empty
PostSubject: Bought a boat................   Bought a boat................ I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 9:02 pm

And all I gots to say about that is......DONT BUY A BOAT IN THE DARK!!!! Headlights are not an effective tool in night time illumination when inspecting a boat lol Shes gonna take some work on the hull but I should be up and running in a week. Its a 14ft aluminum jon boat with a 18hp merc., color lowrance depth finder, and a brand new trolling motor, rod holders, rod stowage, and a few other things. If the hull repair dont work out I will be able to make my money back on the motor and extras as I checked this motor in this condition and they run $700 on up to $950. But If I get her running Im straight and back chasing stripers whenever I want. Fact of the matter is Rick dont fish as much as I would like too lol
Back to top Go down
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Bought a boat................   Bought a boat................ I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:04 pm

Sounds like a perfect little fishin' boat to me. Hope you get it up and running! It oughta move right along with an 18 on it.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Bought a boat................   Bought a boat................ I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:05 am

Terry sounds like you have a great boat there, with a little work you will be pounding the waves and pulling in the stripers for sure keep us informed buddy and take a few pics. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Bought a boat................   Bought a boat................ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:57 pm

Sound like very nice boat you got. Can't wait to see ur fishing reports and pics!
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146

PostSubject: Re: Bought a boat................   Bought a boat................ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:51 am

How's the boat coming along, Terry? Can't wait to see some pics of it!~!
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

PostSubject: Re: Bought a boat................   Bought a boat................ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Well I got the hull welded but after much I had to admit to myself that she just wouldnt hold up being in the lake getting the snot kicked out of her. The hull is good for someone who is gonna put it in and take it out after each fishing trip not to leave in the water at the mercy of the lake. I just watched the hull pull out of my driveway for a couple hundred bucks. I kept the motor trailer and all accessories so now Im in the hunt for just a hull and hull only.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: Bought a boat................   Bought a boat................ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:54 pm

That sucks. Hopefully you will be able to find you a hull to a boat soon! Striper fishing is just around the corner, if not already started....
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

PostSubject: Re: Bought a boat................   Bought a boat................ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:05 pm

The unusually cold winter has bought me some time to get everything straightened out. But if Im not in the water by April 1st Im going to consider this a big waste of time and nerves. There is still a massive winter kill of threadfin shad going on and the stripers are still focused on the half dead free meals floating around and they aint much interested in chasing down anything with much of a kick to it lol
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: Bought a boat................   Bought a boat................ I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:13 pm

that's sad on the shad, Terry. That really messes up the fishing. Hopefully it will end soon and the stripers will be on their "regular" eating patterns...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bought a boat................   Bought a boat................ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bought a boat................
Page 1 of 1