BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recipe #100

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Recipe #100 Empty
PostSubject: Recipe #100   Recipe #100 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 9:16 am

Minnesota Cajun Pike Recipe.

A delicious and healthful way to prepare Pike of 2 to 3 pounds in size. The ingredients are simple and the finished product is light and mouth watering. This is the "tenderloin" of freshwater fish dishes.

Ingredients.

Pike fillets boned and cut into thirds, Olive Oil, Louisiana Cajun Spice Mix (or substitute your favorite spice mix). If you don't care for the spicy version. Just use a little lemon pepper and a dash of salt.

Directions.

1) Prepare the fillets by cutting them into thirds and coating them with Olive oil. Use only enough olive oil to lightly coat each fillet to prevent sticking in the hot pan. You do not need any only in the pan!

2) Lightly sprinkle each fillet with spice mix prior to placing in the frying pan.

3) Pre-heat a cast iron (best), steel or other non-teflon-coated frying pan under high heat without oil. You'll know it's ready when you begin to see smoke coming from the dry pan. Sear the Northern Pike fillets for a few minutes on each side until fish is cooked, but do not over-cook fish until it dries out. Fillets should be served juicy and hot!

This simple, healthful and delicious dish can be prepared in just a few minutes and it only takes a couple of these small Pike make a great meal for my family of four.

Catching Northern Pike in the Grand Rapids area has new meaning for folks who have tried my "semi blackened Pike". Sometimes I refer to this jokingly as "Norwegian Style Cajun" because we prepare it using only a light coat of seasoning. Once you try this, you'll be back for more and I guarantee this will be a hit with your friends and family.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Recipe #100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recipe #100   Recipe #100 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:55 pm

Sounds good to me!!
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Recipe #100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recipe #100   Recipe #100 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:28 pm

sounds yummmmmy
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Recipe #100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recipe #100   Recipe #100 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:32 pm

I can remember old Bernie saying which ones he made and how he liked it, he cooked some awesome meals for his wife, he is the one that said this is a fishing site it should only have to do with fish recipes lolol. Recipe #100 875797
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Recipe #100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recipe #100   Recipe #100 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:16 am

LOL...Yep ..Ole Bernie was set in his ways,,Like it or lump it..I remember that post he made at JMJ in the "Whats for dinner" forum I think it was and he took a pic of a pair of shorts in a bowl...That was classic Bernie. Recipe #100 45659 Recipe #100 45659 Recipe #100 45659
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Recipe #100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recipe #100   Recipe #100 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:27 am

LOL Yep... Bernie was surely a good fellow... He is dearly missed and thought about frequently... I don't know if I would fix pike or not, as it's too bony and I don't want to spend the time deboning it.. I would rather fix catfish, bluegill, walleye, crappie, trout etc...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recipe #100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recipe #100   Recipe #100 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recipe #100
Page 1 of 1