BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nascar Coyote

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jimhs
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jimhs

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Nascar Coyote Empty
PostSubject: Nascar Coyote   Nascar Coyote I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:34 pm

Joe Gibbs Racing driver Brad Coleman was testing a Gibbs NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car at Toyota Arizona Proving Grounds earlier this week and came onto the radio and told his crew something rather unusual.

"Guys, I hit a coyote," Coleman said.

Coleman was running close to 200 mph around the 10-mile test track when he saw the animal wander under the outside guardrail.

"I'm in the middle of the corner, and I'm doing like 190," Coleman said Friday at Nashville Superspeedway before practicing his Nationwide Series car. "I'm just cruising. You run the high line there, because that's where the most banking is. It's the high-speed lane. There's just a guardrail there like on the freeway.

"I see this thing, it must've been 100 feet in front of me, just jump out. Right when I saw it come out from under the guardrail, I was like, 'That's a coyote.'"

"It just started smoking like crazy," Coleman said. "And it smelled terrible. I didn't see anything in the mirror, so I was like, 'I wonder where it went?' I said, 'Guys, I hit a coyote. I'm going to come in because I think it screwed up the radiator. I think it clogged up the grille a little bit.'"

Nascar Coyote RACECARCOYOTE2

Nascar Coyote RACECARCOYOTE22

Jim
Back to top Go down
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Nascar Coyote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nascar Coyote   Nascar Coyote I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 4:13 pm

Yuck; that coyote never expected a 190 mph car traveling down the track. The poor doggie never had a chance to get out of the way. Wonder what peta would say about this. And btw I think the head just may have been positioned for the photo. At that speed I would expect the head to be against the radiator also.
Back to top Go down
arlington
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
arlington

Number of posts : 910

Nascar Coyote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nascar Coyote   Nascar Coyote I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 4:24 pm

I was running 33 traffic one night at about 125 mph when I hit a huge dog. Did about the same thing to my patrol car.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jmjoutdoorworld.com
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875

Nascar Coyote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nascar Coyote   Nascar Coyote I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:24 am

Lol jim that is nuts, i bet all he had a chance to do was look and then it was all over. Nascar Coyote 329261
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Nascar Coyote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nascar Coyote   Nascar Coyote I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:33 am

Hell, Mike, he may not even had a chance to look going that rate of speed! LOLOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nascar Coyote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nascar Coyote   Nascar Coyote I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nascar Coyote
Page 1 of 1