BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well, at least the dogs will eat good for a couple of days.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Grumpy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Grumpy

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Well, at least the dogs will eat good for a couple of days. Empty
PostSubject: Well, at least the dogs will eat good for a couple of days.   Well, at least the dogs will eat good for a couple of days. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:49 am

I went and bought a big pork shoulder yesterday. I put it in the electric smoker late yesterday evening and put hickory chips in a couple of times before bedtime. I woke up at 5:30 this morning and the electricity was off. I went out and checked on my meat and it was room temperature on the outside and only 95 degrees inside. I thought the electric had been off for hours, but I found out it had gone off for about 5 minutes at 2:00 am and then went off again at about 4:30. The electric controls on the smoker require it to be reset anytime the electric is disrupted, so it had been setting there with no heat for 3-1/2 hours. It sure did smell good but it's dog food now.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146

PostSubject: Re: Well, at least the dogs will eat good for a couple of days.   Well, at least the dogs will eat good for a couple of days. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:52 am

That bites, Grumpy. Sorry to hear that. Hope it will work better for you next time. I bet the dogs are going to love you for that!
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Well, at least the dogs will eat good for a couple of days.   Well, at least the dogs will eat good for a couple of days. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:34 am

Oh man that would just plain suck, i could smell that while i was reading it i think i would have still smoked the crap out of it and still ate it lolol but that is just me.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Well, at least the dogs will eat good for a couple of days.   Well, at least the dogs will eat good for a couple of days. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:53 am

That's a shame, sure lost some good eating, but likebluegill said, the dogs are gonna love you. I think I would have been like Mike and took the chance.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146

PostSubject: Re: Well, at least the dogs will eat good for a couple of days.   Well, at least the dogs will eat good for a couple of days. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:41 pm

Nope, no chance to take with pork....... That is one meat that is TOO risky to finish cooking. When I make ANY kind of pork, I make sure it is well done before it's eaten. I definately don't want to get sick from eating bad pork, nor does anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, at least the dogs will eat good for a couple of days.   Well, at least the dogs will eat good for a couple of days. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well, at least the dogs will eat good for a couple of days.
Page 1 of 1