BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have you ever seen the ocean?

Go down 
+5
newfie2007
catfish willy
ridgerunner
North Star
saltfisher1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Have you ever seen the ocean? Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever seen the ocean?   Have you ever seen the ocean? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:37 pm

I know most of the folks in here are from up country and I started wondering how many of you have been to the ocean?...Atlantic?...Pacific?...Gulf Coast?.....I was lucky enough to be born and raised around the "big water" all of my life....I've only left it 2 or 3 times in my life for a very few months...I do not know what it is about that water but it sure seems to have a hold on me...Man nor hurricane has kept me from my first love..saltwater fishing!

Do any of you have it on a "to do" list to visit the ocean?
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen the ocean?   Have you ever seen the ocean? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:44 pm

I was only there once and that is when we went down to help clean up after hurricane Hugo, looked pretty shitty at that time lolol.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen the ocean?   Have you ever seen the ocean? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:46 pm

That was on the Carolina coast right?
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen the ocean?   Have you ever seen the ocean? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:25 pm

Well I used to live 1/2 way between Houston and Galveston -- a little town called Dickinson. I spent a lot of time in Galveston Bay and also in Texas City. Fishing was indeed awesome. I hooked into a school of sea trout one time. Filled my stringer that day. I was amazed the first time we were fishing in Texas City on the rocks by the ship channel. A huge cargo ship went by and the water got sucked away from the rocks. Shortly after the ship passed by all that water came crashing back and I got soaked. My dad was smart enough to move away from the rocks. He didn't get wet. I really miss the sea food from the Gulf Coast, but my wife and I don't like the high humidity down there, so we're in Illinois for life now.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen the ocean?   Have you ever seen the ocean? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:05 pm

I have. I loved fishing in it. The rest of my family loved going swimming at the beach but I didn't care much for it. It got old after about a week straight.
Back to top Go down
newfie2007
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
newfie2007

Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen the ocean?   Have you ever seen the ocean? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:09 pm

I have the ocean right around me and its nice some time but not when the wenter comes around it gets realy bad here then and the storms comes off it to it can get a little bad some times to.
Back to top Go down
http://world-of-outdoors.canadian-forum.com/
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen the ocean?   Have you ever seen the ocean? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:31 am

saltfisher1 wrote:
That was on the Carolina coast right?
yep it was
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen the ocean?   Have you ever seen the ocean? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:59 am

I guess I have been to both main oceans around here both for pleasure and on business. I have only went wading and swimming on the Atlantic side. The above does not include the US Navy "travels". And then there are the so called Seas and Gulf. And I have been on both sides of the Gulf on pleasure trips.

And this September we are going to the coast in South Carolina for a week.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen the ocean?   Have you ever seen the ocean? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:59 am

I have been to the gulf in Galveston twice. My next adventure, I want to see "blue" ocean water, not the shitty looking water like Galveston has. Although, when I went to Galveston, it was my very first time seeing the ocean in real life, I still thoroughly enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen the ocean?   Have you ever seen the ocean? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:10 am

Seen to much o9f the Atlantic when I was on a troop ship going over seas, been fishing in the Pacific a few times when I lived in LA.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen the ocean?   Have you ever seen the ocean? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Bernie wrote:
I guess I have been to both main oceans around here both for pleasure and on business. I have only went wading and swimming on the Atlantic side. The above does not include the US Navy "travels". And then there are the so called Seas and Gulf. And I have been on both sides of the Gulf on pleasure trips.

And this September we are going to the coast in South Carolina for a week.

What part of South Carolina are you going to Bernie?...I've been to Cherry Grove once.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen the ocean?   Have you ever seen the ocean? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:33 pm

bluegill wrote:
I have been to the gulf in Galveston twice. My next adventure, I want to see "blue" ocean water, not the shitty looking water like Galveston has. Although, when I went to Galveston, it was my very first time seeing the ocean in real life, I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

You just about have to go all the way to my fishing area in Alabama before you can see blue/green pretty water and sugar sand beaches....you go just a few miles west of there and its swampy bayou country and stained water.
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen the ocean?   Have you ever seen the ocean? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:46 pm

I've been to the beach in S.C. and N.C.....Use to go 5 or 6 times a year to S.C. My uncle started taking me when I was 5 or 6....At that time there were no houses or buildings at all along the coast line....Can't say that anymore.....LOL...You could drive for miles and never even see another car.....
Back to top Go down
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen the ocean?   Have you ever seen the ocean? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:15 pm

Saltfisher: Half way between Murtle Beach and Murrells Inlet. We dealed for a condo with a full kitchen. Am saving the bucks for that trip. We will want to do some fine dining mainly seafood. We may or may not want to charter for some fishing. I do not want a party boat, just Alicia and myself. Or we may just buy some fresh sea food and do the cooking ourselves (me Razz ). Anyway we want to go for just a week getaway I guess. Really don't need it but it seems to be the thing to do.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen the ocean?   Have you ever seen the ocean? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:43 pm

Have fun Bernie...There sure are some nice places to visit in that area.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen the ocean?   Have you ever seen the ocean? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:48 pm

One of my favorite places to visit on the NC coast for the food was Calabash NC...Nice folks and good food.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen the ocean?   Have you ever seen the ocean? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have you ever seen the ocean?
Page 1 of 1