BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Man won't 'stop' until he corrects youthful error

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Man won't 'stop' until he corrects youthful error Empty
PostSubject: Man won't 'stop' until he corrects youthful error   Man won't 'stop' until he corrects youthful error I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:38 am

SALT LAKE CITY – It's a case of thief's remorse — more than three decades later. A man who said he stole a stop sign 35 years ago from a Salt Lake County road has mailed a $600 cashier's check — bearing an illegible signature — to the Utah Department of Transportation.

UDOT spokesman Nile Easton said he received a letter last week signed by "a very foolish youth" apologizing for taking the sign and wanting to set things right.

In the letter the one-time thief said he prayed no one was injured because of his childish and thoughtless act.

He explains that he tried to contact the road department to correct his youthful indiscretion but was told not to worry about it. After that, he sent the check.

Easton said $600 will almost cover the cost and installation of three stop signs.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Man won't 'stop' until he corrects youthful error   Man won't 'stop' until he corrects youthful error I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:14 am

I can understand that idea, when I was a teenager the people I was with one night stopped and tore a tractor up that was parked in a field. A few years back I approached the man and told him I was there although I didn't tear anything up, I would pay him for all the expenses involed. He told me to not worry about it because he was young once too and had done a few things in his life also. Took a big load off of my mind.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Man won't 'stop' until he corrects youthful error   Man won't 'stop' until he corrects youthful error I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:08 pm

Man the way people and law enforcement are around here you would be in jail within 10 minutes of your confession, they way they work things around here is they want justice one way or the other so it is better to just keep your mouth shut. places are sure different thats for sure and i don't see it changing any time soon.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man won't 'stop' until he corrects youthful error   Man won't 'stop' until he corrects youthful error I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Man won't 'stop' until he corrects youthful error
Page 1 of 1