BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

He Was Only 19....Update.....

Go down 
+5
marlboro920
newfie2007
North Star
bluegill
T.C.
9 posters
AuthorMessage
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818
Registration date : 2007-12-07

He Was Only 19....Update..... Empty
PostSubject: He Was Only 19....Update.....   He Was Only 19....Update..... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:23 am

I would like to ask that you please keep this family in your prayers...John was at basic training at Camp Lejeune....There was a training exercise accident...John lost his life....He was only 19 years old...I know his family is hurting very bad right now...But I know that prayer can also take that pain a way... Sad

Last edited by T.C. on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: He Was Only 19....Update.....   He Was Only 19....Update..... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:26 am

Prayers are sent from Ohio! Sorry to hear about their loss!
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: He Was Only 19....Update.....   He Was Only 19....Update..... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:58 am

Prayers are sent from Minnesota Tessie it is always sad to here of a young life taken so early.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
newfie2007
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
newfie2007

Number of posts : 766

PostSubject: Re: He Was Only 19....Update.....   He Was Only 19....Update..... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:32 am

Prayers are sent
Back to top Go down
http://world-of-outdoors.canadian-forum.com/
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: He Was Only 19....Update.....   He Was Only 19....Update..... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:54 pm

prayers sent from illinois
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: He Was Only 19....Update.....   He Was Only 19....Update..... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Prayers sent from my home.
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: He Was Only 19....Update.....   He Was Only 19....Update..... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 4:18 pm

Prayers sent from Wisconsin.
Back to top Go down
themaninblack
Dime
Dime
themaninblack

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: He Was Only 19....Update.....   He Was Only 19....Update..... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 7:29 pm

prayer sent
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818

PostSubject: UPDATE....   He Was Only 19....Update..... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:28 am

Family, friends, and military personnel gathered in New Prospect Baptist Church to say farewell to a young man taken too early.

Lance Cpl. Johnathan Dale Mitchell Sharpe, 19, of Statesville, was laid to rest Sunday at his home church. He was killed during a training accident June 16 at Camp Lejeune.

Saralena Sharpe, Johnathan's grandmother who adopted him at 19 months old, said the past few days have been a time to remember the young man who loved fishing, church, his Lord and Saviour, and Scouting.

"There has been a great joy of remembrance," she said. "With God as our substantial almighty being we have made it through."

Sharpe, who was operating a machine gun on top of a Humvee during a training exercise, died instantly when the vehicle flipped on a gravel road at the military base, according to Sharpe's adoptive father, Roger Sharpe.

Johnathan also leaves behind his birth mother, Amy McDaniel, and a host of family and friends, including the fellow Marines and other military personnel who came in droves to honor one of their own Sunday.

Sharpe, who was a former member of Scout Troop 618, joined the U.S. Marine Corps in July 2008.
He was training at Camp Lejeune and preparing for his deployment to Afghanistan.

Joining the Marines was a goal Johnathan set for himself at a young age.

"From the time he could walk, he wanted to fight for his country because it needed him as its defender," Saralena Sharpe said. "Everybody said Marines was the hardest to join, but he did it."

Roger Sharpe said he and his wife found out about the accident Tuesday when two uniformed officers came to their home.

"I knew what happened before I even opened the door to let them in," he said. "I felt the world come to an end."

During Sunday's celebration of life service before the funeral, a crowd of people lined the walls of the small church and extended to the entrance.

Speakers during the ceremony included Dwight Dowell, Mark Robinette, Joey Campbell and Mike Hyde.
As the service concluded, Sharpe's fellow Marines carried his casket, draped with an American flag, to a waiting hearse.

As the vehicle drove slowly to the burial site in the church's cemetery, Marines walked in a procession behind the vehicle.

During the burial ceremony, some 100 military men saluted Sharpe's casket and immediately followed with a 21-gun salute.

As two officers removed the flag from the casket and began to fold it, "Taps" was played by a Marine in the distance.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520

PostSubject: Re: He Was Only 19....Update.....   He Was Only 19....Update..... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:44 am

Prayers sent out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: He Was Only 19....Update.....   He Was Only 19....Update..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

He Was Only 19....Update.....
Page 1 of 1