BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ONLY CAUGHT 2

Go down 
+2
North Star
pappy3
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-12-07

ONLY CAUGHT 2 Empty
PostSubject: ONLY CAUGHT 2   ONLY CAUGHT 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 10:00 am

I only caught2 cats and fished ALLLL day and only one was worth a picture! I was using butterflied perch and fishing with my jugs and rod and reel. all I caught was 2 pretty rough day on the water too!
ONLY CAUGHT 2 IMG_0384
this believe it or not was a 35 lb blue I thought for sure it was a fifty ! I have a digital scale that goes to 110 so I must trust it is a 35 lber Question
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

ONLY CAUGHT 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONLY CAUGHT 2   ONLY CAUGHT 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 10:16 am

That does look like a lot bigger than 35, well it is a awesome fish no matter how ya look at it congrats buddy on the catch. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
newfie2007
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
newfie2007

Number of posts : 766

ONLY CAUGHT 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONLY CAUGHT 2   ONLY CAUGHT 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 5:24 pm

nice fish pappy
Back to top Go down
http://world-of-outdoors.canadian-forum.com/
radish
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
radish

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2007-12-12

ONLY CAUGHT 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONLY CAUGHT 2   ONLY CAUGHT 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 6:21 pm

Good looking fish Pappy. Tell me what a butterflied perch is. I dont know that i ever heard of that. I don't want to miss out if your on to something.
Back to top Go down
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421

ONLY CAUGHT 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONLY CAUGHT 2   ONLY CAUGHT 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 8:12 pm

I was worried about having to small of bait so I fillet the perch down one side up to the gill but left it intact and turned it over and cut the gill plate off the other side to reveal the red colour gill , then folded the fillet over to the head and hooked through the filet and the head of the perch that way it gives you a bigger presentation !! I cleaned that 35 last night and cut open that dudes stomach and it had [ 2 ] 8 inch or so fish in it already and still bit the small perch, so I know you got to have a bigger bait for bigger fish to bite more. I will probably do this from now on with any bait thats not 5-6 inches long.
Back to top Go down
Katfishing Cajun
Dime
Dime
Katfishing Cajun

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-12-08

ONLY CAUGHT 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONLY CAUGHT 2   ONLY CAUGHT 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 8:46 pm

Pappy that's a great way to use those thread fin shad also. I'll be doing the same from now on, thanks buddy!
Back to top Go down
Deerslayer
Dime
Dime
Deerslayer

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-12-13

ONLY CAUGHT 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONLY CAUGHT 2   ONLY CAUGHT 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:20 am

Thats a dandy Pappy, Congratulations!! I think I would check those scales with something you already know the weight of. That fish has to be at least high 40's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ONLY CAUGHT 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONLY CAUGHT 2   ONLY CAUGHT 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ONLY CAUGHT 2
Page 1 of 1