BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got this from another site. Great news for muskies!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Got this from another site. Great news for muskies! Empty
PostSubject: Got this from another site. Great news for muskies!   Got this from another site. Great news for muskies! I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Hiya -

Not much has been made of it, but in case you weren't aware, the Omnibus Game and Fish bill that passed the house and senate last night included the following lines:
29.1(a) The commissioner of natural resources shall adopt or amend rules to establish
29.2 minimum size limits for muskellunge on inland waters consistent with the provisions
29.3 of this section. The commissioner must:
29.4(1) establish a 48-inch statewide minimum size restriction for muskellunge and
29.5 muskellunge-northern pike hybrids in inland waters, except for the lakes listed in clause
29.6(2) that are managed specifically for muskellunge-northern pike hybrids in Carver, Dakota,
29.7 Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and Washington Counties; and
29.8(2) establish a 40-inch minimum size restriction for muskellunge-northern pike
29.9 hybrids in the following lakes in Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and
29.10 Washington Counties.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Got this from another site. Great news for muskies!   Got this from another site. Great news for muskies! I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Ok, are you saying that they are lowering the size limit of the muskies then? scratch
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Got this from another site. Great news for muskies!   Got this from another site. Great news for muskies! I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:21 pm

Nope they raised it in different lakes and only lowered it on a few, i like muskies but they eat alot of walleye's so in my book i wish the DNR would relocate them to a lake that they belong in and not our prize walleye waters. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Got this from another site. Great news for muskies!   Got this from another site. Great news for muskies! I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:22 pm

Gotcha and I completely agree with you!~!
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Got this from another site. Great news for muskies!   Got this from another site. Great news for muskies! I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:03 am

North Star wrote:
Nope they raised it in different lakes and only lowered it on a few, i like muskies but they eat alot of walleye's so in my book i wish the DNR would relocate them to a lake that they belong in and not our prize walleye waters. Evil or Very Mad
I actually read a study done on 5 Lakes across Minnesota that showed that Muskys ate very little walleye and other spiny finned species such as smallmouth bass compared to natural mortality on these fish.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Got this from another site. Great news for muskies!   Got this from another site. Great news for muskies! I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:38 am

You are right terry, i found a new artical that really exspains about this here is the link.

http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/articles/06.17.2006/1086/What.Muskies.Eat,.a.Summary.of.Common.Muskellunge.Forage.Fish/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got this from another site. Great news for muskies!   Got this from another site. Great news for muskies! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got this from another site. Great news for muskies!
Page 1 of 1