BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New fishing contest rules take effect May 1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

New fishing contest rules take effect May 1 Empty
PostSubject: New fishing contest rules take effect May 1   New fishing contest rules take effect May 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:47 am

A new Wisconsin fishing tournament rule goes into effect May 1. Fishing tournaments with more than 20 boats or 100 participants will need a permit under the new rule, according to a Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources news release. Those tournament organizers needing a permit would have to pay an application fee to cover some of the cost of the fishing tournament program. Most tournaments that need to get a permit will pay a $25 fee, and tournaments aimed at providing fishing opportunities for kids and disabled people will require no fee.

The rule aims to reduce user conflicts and complaints about crowding by spreading out tournaments that exceed size limits, according to Mike Staggs, Wisconsin’s fisheries director.

The rule will also help prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species and Viral Hemorrhagic Septicemia, or VHS, disease.

Tournament organizers who already have their permits for future tournaments or those who apply before the May 1 deadline will not be affected by the new tournament rule.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: New fishing contest rules take effect May 1   New fishing contest rules take effect May 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:25 am

I think that sounds like a good idea to me!
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: New fishing contest rules take effect May 1   New fishing contest rules take effect May 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:48 am

Great idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New fishing contest rules take effect May 1   New fishing contest rules take effect May 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Open Water Talk :: Open Water Chat/Fish Pictures-
Jump to: