BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The undisputed champ!!!!

Go down 
+4
OhioFisher
Muskyman
saltfisher1
jerseycat9
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-12-07

The undisputed champ!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The undisputed champ!!!!   The undisputed champ!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:15 pm

Well some backround before we begin. Me and Rick are extremely competetive and there is nothing we wont bet on or try to out shine the other whether its fishing sports or whatever. Well I have had pretty much all species locked up since we moved down here. I have the spotted bass, striped bass, largemouth bass, crappie, white catfish you name it I have caught the biggest one between us all except one!!! The one I should have had from the start the channel catfish!!! I am the more avid catfisherman between and take my catting skill and knowledge pretty seriously. About 2 years ago he set the mark at 11lbs and while it isnt big its big for lanier the lake record is but 14lbs and has stood for quite sometime Ive been close before to his record maybe even tied but it was always to close to call. Well the other day we struck out on stripers and decided to finish the night on the dock with some cold ones and plenty of BS'n for all heck we finally got the flood lights hooked up so why not take it for a test spin lol We caught plenty of dinks nothing big (sorry no pics) And then he hooked up with a nice striper but it hung him into the trees and about 5 minutes after that I watched my rod double over and judging by the ferocity of the bite I thought striper all the way cheers I snatch up the rod and feel a good sized fish and keep thinking to myself its fighting odd for a striper till I got it in close and wow looky here a big catfish. Once on the dock we kinda both said the same thing at almost the same time...Me: its bigger than yours.........Him: its bigger than mine!! And there falls the long standing channel catfish record of lake lanier caught by Rick oh and boy did I let him know it too lol Weighed in at 12.2lbs and order was restored once again to the kingdom of jerseycat LOL My PB channel is 26.8lbs but this one felt that much better to catch cheers More pictures to come when photobucket stops acting up!!!
The undisputed champ!!!! 100_0221
The undisputed champ!!!! 100_0222
The undisputed champ!!!! 100_0226

And here are some funny pictures of Rick trying to get his rod unsnagged after the striper hung him up. One tough rod Id say affraid Whats even more amazing that is only 20lb test tied to the rod affraid
The undisputed champ!!!! 100_0229
The undisputed champ!!!! 100_0228
The undisputed champ!!!! 100_0227
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: The undisputed champ!!!!   The undisputed champ!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:12 pm

Nice fish....Lucky that snag didnt let loose and hit someone.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

PostSubject: Re: The undisputed champ!!!!   The undisputed champ!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:27 pm

saltfisher1 wrote:
One of those budwieser influenced "watch this moments" LOL
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The undisputed champ!!!!   The undisputed champ!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:41 pm

Great catch Jersey!!!cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: The undisputed champ!!!!   The undisputed champ!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:45 pm

jerseycat9 wrote:
saltfisher1 wrote:
One of those budwieser influenced "watch this moments" LOL

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
OhioFisher
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
OhioFisher

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: The undisputed champ!!!!   The undisputed champ!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:28 pm

Great Fish!!!
Back to top Go down
http://ohiooutdoors.org
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: The undisputed champ!!!!   The undisputed champ!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:38 pm

nice fish ..... nice acting on that snag lol lol!
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: The undisputed champ!!!!   The undisputed champ!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:17 pm

Nice channel Terry! Are channels the only kind of cats in Lake Lanier besides white cats?
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

PostSubject: Re: The undisputed champ!!!!   The undisputed champ!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 8:06 am

There are flatheads being caught in the north end of lanier more and more each year with some close to the 40lb mark but not many down here on the south end Willy. I wanna try for them but I would have to pull the boat off the dock and launch up there cause its just to far to run in the boat from here.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The undisputed champ!!!!   The undisputed champ!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 8:16 am

Terry that is a nice channel by all means and if you kept him that will be a great meal right there with some potato salad and yum yum yum, i hate snags llololol but it looked like he had a good one that is for sure looks like you both had a great time anyways. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: The undisputed champ!!!!   The undisputed champ!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 8:44 pm

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO Terry! WTG! Congratulations! lol! on Rick and trying to get his snag out of the tree.. That was just too funny! I bet that cat made a pretty good meal too! I can't wait to get out there and get some fishing done, that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The undisputed champ!!!!   The undisputed champ!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The undisputed champ!!!!
Page 1 of 1