BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wild turkey sends Maine motorcyclist to hospital

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Wild turkey sends Maine motorcyclist to hospital Empty
PostSubject: Wild turkey sends Maine motorcyclist to hospital   Wild turkey sends Maine motorcyclist to hospital I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:34 am

BUCKFIELD, Maine – Police said a wild turkey is to blame for knocking a 23-year-old man off his motorcycle and breaking his collarbone. Maine State Trooper Corey Huckins said Jeffrey Russell of Hartford was riding with a friend on Route 117 in Buckfield on Sunday afternoon when a wild turkey flew straight into his chest, knocking him backward off his motorcycle. Huckins said the impact was like "hitting a bowling ball at 45 mph."

Police said Russell was knocked unconscious and flown in a medical helicopter to Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston.

Russell's riding companion was not injured, but the turkey was killed in the accident.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Wild turkey sends Maine motorcyclist to hospital Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild turkey sends Maine motorcyclist to hospital   Wild turkey sends Maine motorcyclist to hospital I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:42 am

Glad to hear that the guy is ok. I wonder if they cleaned the turkey and put him in the freezer for when the guy is released from the hospital? lol!
Back to top Go down

Wild turkey sends Maine motorcyclist to hospital
Page 1 of 1