BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Man suffers minor injuries in moose attack

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Man suffers minor injuries in moose attack Empty
PostSubject: Man suffers minor injuries in moose attack   Man suffers minor injuries in moose attack I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:23 am

A Prince George, B.C., man suffered only minor injuries when he was trampled by a moose on the weekend.

The middle-aged man was trying to call off his dogs when the moose attacked, according to conservation officer Todd Hunter.

The moose and her calf were roaming in a wooded residential area behind the Wal-Mart in the B.C. Interior city and had already fended off the two dogs.

When the dogs' owner tried to catch up with his canines to call them off, the moose cow charged the man.

"He was kind of blindsided by it. I think it happened pretty quick and I think he obviously felt shocked," said Hunter.

The man's forearm, hip and calf were injured in the attack, but he didn't need to be hospitalized.

"This person is lucky they didn't receive serious or life-threatening injuries. They can inflict a lot of damage," Hunter said about the moose attack.

Conservation officers were not able to track down the cow and calf after the incident.

Moose attacks are very uncommon, according to Hunter, but they do occur. In 2007, a Prince George woman was injured by a moose while walking her dog. In that incident, the moose killed the dog.

Conservation officers said moose are in the city looking for food, and advised people to keep their distance from the animals and keep dogs on a short leash.

For a picture of the moose: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2009/03/10/bc-moose-attack.html
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Man suffers minor injuries in moose attack   Man suffers minor injuries in moose attack I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:22 am

That is one animal you don't want to mess with in any way, i hope he thinks twice about it next time and just leave the dogs alone.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Man suffers minor injuries in moose attack   Man suffers minor injuries in moose attack I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:27 am

those things asre too big not to take seriously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man suffers minor injuries in moose attack   Man suffers minor injuries in moose attack I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Man suffers minor injuries in moose attack
Page 1 of 1