BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Turtle in March

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Turtle in March Empty
PostSubject: Turtle in March   Turtle in March I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:03 pm

I can't believe I am seeing turtles in March. This makes 4 snappers that I have seen since I started fishing this year. I rode over to the old rock quarry to see if I could see any turtles. As soon as I got there I noticed two shells sticking up out of the water. I would've thought they were dead if not for all the bubbles surrounding them. They were fighting so I rode home to get the camera. When I got back there was only one but I snapped some pics of him. I didn't want to get too close to him because I thought it would scare him. After taking a few pics from far off I climbed down just a few feet from him so I wouldn't have to zoom way in on him and hopefully get some clearer pictures. You did say you wanted 640x480 didn't you Mike?

Turtle in March 111_2380-1

Turtle in March 111_2382-1
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Turtle in March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turtle in March   Turtle in March I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:22 pm

they must be hungry!
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Turtle in March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turtle in March   Turtle in March I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 6:25 am

Cool pics, Willy! Looks like good eating size right there! It is breeding season for them! They will be coming out more and more since the weather is starting to warm up. Yes, the 680x480 is just the right size for the pics! Great shot! cheers
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Turtle in March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turtle in March   Turtle in March I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:48 am

Yummy turtle soup, i haven't had that for a while i need to find me one this summer, yep that is real early for them too be out and about willy i would say yep hungry. yep pic size is perfect.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Turtle in March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turtle in March   Turtle in March I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:54 pm

Willy,if you still got that pic of the big snapper ,you should post it.Man that dude was big.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Turtle in March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turtle in March   Turtle in March I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:51 pm

Thanks guys. Which one Rick? I have a bunch of big snapper pics so I will just put them all in one post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Turtle in March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turtle in March   Turtle in March I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turtle in March
Page 1 of 1