BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you know

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grumpy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Grumpy

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2007-12-08

How do you know Empty
PostSubject: How do you know   How do you know I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 8:49 pm

How do you figure out exactly where to put the shacks? Seems like locating the perfect spot with a GPS during warmer weather would be best, but do you do it that way, or just guess at where to put it? Can you shoot through the ice with a depthfinder to locate where you want to drill?
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

How do you know Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you know   How do you know I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 9:04 pm

yep grumpy you can use a depth finder threw the ice, the way i do it is were the fish are in the summer it is a real good bet that there their in the winter. and then if you know the area and the lakes just watch were they are from year to year and it will give you a general idea im sure some one will chime in on this to.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2007-12-08

How do you know Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you know   How do you know I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 9:07 pm

Sometimes guys have GPS coordinates to go by, or the depth finder will work also. Some you have to drill a hole first, but many will shoot right through the ice, especially if we have good clear ice. The lake we were fishing yesterday doesn't have a whole lot of structure, they just set the shack on a slight depth change over a mud flat. Many times guys move their shack a few times to get it just right or as fishing patterns change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How do you know Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you know   How do you know I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you know
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Ice Fishing 123 :: Winter Fishing-
Jump to: