BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ohio Ice Fisherman Drowns in Indiana

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Ohio Ice Fisherman Drowns in Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Ohio Ice Fisherman Drowns in Indiana   Ohio Ice Fisherman Drowns in Indiana I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 1:04 pm

Tuesday, February 17th, 2009

(LAKE PLEASANT, IN) - An Ohio man has drowned while ice fishing at a northeast Indiana lake. Steuben County Coroner Rodney Snyder has ruled the death of 62-year-old Guy E. Gladney of Toledo, Ohio, accidental due to drowning. Gladney’s body was recovered yesterday afternoon in Lake Pleasant near Manapogo Park at about 12:45, just over an hour after emergency personnel were dispatched to the campground. Gladney's ice fishing equipment was seen lying on the ice by a witness living near Manapogo Campground at about 2:00pm Sunday afternoon. After the equipment was still on the ice yesterday morning, Indiana’s Steuben County Underwater and Recovery Team was called to the park. The Angola Fire Department launched the airboat "Chrystal" and they recovered Gladney's body with a long pole in about 14 feet of water. Authorities report that Gladney was fishing alone. The ice where he went through was next to the fishing equipment and it was only an inch-and-a-half thick. Manapogo Park Campground is located on State Road 120, between Orland and Fremont, Indiana.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Ice Fisherman Drowns in Indiana   Ohio Ice Fisherman Drowns in Indiana I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:54 pm

What the hell are these people thinking now days, the ice don't get safe enough down there anyway as far as im concerned, i sure hope that they now put signs up in that park to prevent it from happening again. Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Ice Fisherman Drowns in Indiana   Ohio Ice Fisherman Drowns in Indiana I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:36 pm

That was real ignorant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Ice Fisherman Drowns in Indiana   Ohio Ice Fisherman Drowns in Indiana I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ohio Ice Fisherman Drowns in Indiana
Page 1 of 1