BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I went and did it now!!

Go down 
+2
bluegill
jerseycat9
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-12-07

I went and did it now!! Empty
PostSubject: I went and did it now!!   I went and did it now!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:32 am

Well the boats out of the water for a few days. Went to BPS yesterday and dropped $1600 on a new HDS Lowrance, 6 new line counter reels, 4 new rods, heavy duty rod holders, tuff coat boat paint and a bunch of other misc. stuff. Ripped all the carpet up in the boat yesterday and sanding today so we can lay down the tuff coat hopefully monday after work. Its gonna be really nice just being able to wash the inside of the boat down with a bucket of water after its all said and done. I didnt really wanna go as high as I did on the depth finder but man with all the features, broadband, lake insight maps, and GPS I couldnt buy the older LMS model after seeing the new HDS and live with myself. Im still debating on whether or not to head back today and just regretfully splurge on my last wish list item.....autopilot trolling motor and just be done with the boat once and for all. I tell ya those fish are in big big trouble when this is all done Twisted Evil In the end me and Rick split it all 50/50 but it still made me walk funny leaving the store.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: I went and did it now!!   I went and did it now!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:24 pm

Holy cow, Terry! I guess it would make anyone walk funny after that kind of money. affraid I am awaiting a VERY good report, pics and post once your boat is done and you get to go fishing. With what you have, there shouldn't be ANY excuse for not catching any fish LOLOL lol! Also, would like to see pics of the boat before, during and after the process! Wink
Back to top Go down
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: I went and did it now!!   I went and did it now!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:41 pm

I like my autopilot trolling motor. It is not perfect but sure beats fiddling around with a strickly manual one. Mine just follows a compass course just by the push of a button. When the wind blows it is amazing and fun to watch that thing at the bow of the boat turn on its own to follow the set course. It works nice for following along the edge of a weed bed and then you can concentrate more on fishing.

That thing just tries to go where it wants to go and drags the boat behind no matter what angle the boat is at.

Don't let me influence you though Jerseycat. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: I went and did it now!!   I went and did it now!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:45 pm

Nice!!!
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: I went and did it now!!   I went and did it now!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:09 pm

Sounds nice. The only time I get to go to bass pro is when my grandpa takes me every year for my birthday. I still spend a 200-250 bucks every time I go though.
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: I went and did it now!!   I went and did it now!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 5:16 pm

Bass Pro is closer than you think Willy.You going to the one in Indiana?
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: I went and did it now!!   I went and did it now!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Yea we go to the one in Indiana every year for my birthday. That is one cool place. It is not that it is too far of a drive it is just that I don't have enough money. It is hard to go in that place and just get one or two things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I went and did it now!!   I went and did it now!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I went and did it now!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Information Corner :: Lets Talk Boats-
Jump to: