BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

eBay: Cars, boats and, just maybe, Mississippi's jet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

eBay: Cars, boats and, just maybe, Mississippi's jet Empty
PostSubject: eBay: Cars, boats and, just maybe, Mississippi's jet   eBay: Cars, boats and, just maybe, Mississippi's jet I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:54 am

JACKSON, Miss. – Mississippi is the latest state trying to unload pricey property because of the economic meltdown.

The state House voted Thursday to sell an eight-seat jet valued at $3.7 million that's used to haul Gov. Haley Barbour and other officials around. The plan needs Senate approval.

The jet can be sold by competitive bid or on eBay. It costs about $1,600 an hour to operate.

House Appropriations Chairman Johnny Stringer says selling the jet would provide another revenue source for the cash-strapped state. Officials would still have three taxpayer-funded planes to use.

Stringer says he got the idea from Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, who made headlines when she tried unsuccessfully to sell her state's jet on eBay. Other states have sold desks, police cruisers and armored personnel carriers.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: eBay: Cars, boats and, just maybe, Mississippi's jet   eBay: Cars, boats and, just maybe, Mississippi's jet I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:40 pm

There's nothing that they won't sell on there you may even find well i won't go there. affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: eBay: Cars, boats and, just maybe, Mississippi's jet   eBay: Cars, boats and, just maybe, Mississippi's jet I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:21 am

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eBay: Cars, boats and, just maybe, Mississippi's jet   eBay: Cars, boats and, just maybe, Mississippi's jet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

eBay: Cars, boats and, just maybe, Mississippi's jet
Page 1 of 1