BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Storm

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Another Storm Empty
PostSubject: Another Storm   Another Storm I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:07 pm

Just Came Over The TV And Now Over The Weather Bug That Another Storm Is Moving In Our Area Bringing Freezing Rain And A Few Inches Of Snow To Top It Off, Boy Am I Glad I Haven't Got My Big Fish House Out Yet. Travel Is Suppose To Be Next To None In Some Areas Were They Will Get The Most Rain. :x :x :x
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Another Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Storm   Another Storm I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:51 pm

Talking about 4 inches here, plus some rain first. Been foggy here for the last two days, son's basketball game was cancelled last nite, and again tonite.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Another Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Storm   Another Storm I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:53 pm

well since i posted the storm story, the temp has jumped from 31 degrees to 36 degrees and is now raining this should be very interesting listening to the police scanner. pale No scratch
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Another Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Storm   Another Storm I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 11:17 pm

graybeard wrote:
Talking about 4 inches here, plus some rain first. Been foggy here for the last two days, son's basketball game was cancelled last nite, and again tonite.
well it's 9:15 PM here right now and the highways are getting bad, the state highway department is saying that they will more than likely be out around the clock with this stuff. it is also changing over to snow in some areas, so this will be a bad holiday season to travel around here. stay safe graybeard you are suppose to get the same thing there as we got here.
Back to top Go down
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Another Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Storm   Another Storm I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 8:27 am

So far it hasn't done much here, still mostly just foggy. It is supposed to start this afternoon, looks like most of it is down in Kansas yet.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Another Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Storm   Another Storm I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 9:16 am

same here buddy but the little it has done has made it real crappy to travel big time. Neutral Neutral Neutral
Back to top Go down
Baitfish
Nickel
Nickel
Baitfish

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Another Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Storm   Another Storm I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 11:50 am

Keep it up there! Suppose to get up to 55 today, and then drop like a rock tomorrow
Back to top Go down
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Another Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Storm   Another Storm I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:32 pm

Well, it has started. Snow is coming down, and temperatures are down about 15 degrees since morning. Almost glad to see it, with the ice we had, and a little water on top it was about impossible to walk or drive off the beaten path. Not to mention the lake was getting water on top. We need to turn it to ice.
Back to top Go down
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Another Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Storm   Another Storm I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 9:13 am

The snow is done, I think. It's blowing so much it's hard to tell. I think we got probably about 5 or 6 inches, but the way it blew around, who knows. 25-30 mile winds predicted for today, so we are gonna have some snow drifts. Gonna go out here shortly and clean off my truck and check it out. Wind chills are 10-15 below. Oughta make some ice today if the snow blows off the lakes.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Another Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Storm   Another Storm I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 9:21 am

well we didn't get the snow they were saying but we have the same thing here as far as wind goes and the temp is the same. well i should say the temp is 9 degrees but the wind chill is in the teens below zero, i love it makes good ice hope you get good ice down there for fishing. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146

Another Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Storm   Another Storm I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 9:42 am

Thanks Mike, the temps suck here. It is 25* right now. My body is KILLING me...... I can NOT take this cold weather. TAKE IT BACK, MIKE!~!~! I do NOT want it. It was 35* late last night with a windchill of 21*. THIS SUCKS!~! :x Evil or Very Mad No
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Another Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Storm   Another Storm I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 9:48 am

the worst part is is there talking this wind is suppose to push more your way. cheers
Back to top Go down
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Another Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Storm   Another Storm I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 1:19 pm

Geez, 35 degrees with a windchill of 21 would feel downright balmy right now! Sad
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Another Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Storm   Another Storm I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 1:24 pm

WE have the winds going here and it is 20 degrees after 50 degrees yesterday, so far no rain or snow or ice but it is suppose to be on the way. The body doesn't feel like it's going to get to bad though, when it does it usually tells me it's a comin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Storm   Another Storm I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Storm
Page 1 of 1