BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Plumber finds woman's diamond in the roughage

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Plumber finds woman's diamond in the roughage Empty
PostSubject: Plumber finds woman's diamond in the roughage   Plumber finds woman's diamond in the roughage I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:07 pm

PHOENIX – Just a case of plumb luck. It took a plumber to retrieve a woman's 7-carat diamond ring after city workers failed in efforts to flush the gem out of the pipes of a restaurant toilet.

The $78,000 engagement ring fell from Allison Berry's hand when she flushed the toilet in the restroom of the Black Bear Diner on Jan. 14. The ring plopped in and the water whisked it away, said Elena Castelar, the restaurant's shift manager.

City workers opened a pipe outside the restaurant and continuously flushed the toilet, hoping to push the ring out to the opening. When that didn't work, the city called the office in suburban Tempe of Mr. Rooter, a plumbing services franchise based in Waco, Texas.

"This is going to be like dredging for a treasure chest in the ocean," Mike Roberts, general manager of Mr. Rooter, said at the time.

Roberts guided a tiny video camera into the pipe with an infrared light attached. He eventually spotted the ring just 3 feet down and 5 feet over from where it was flushed.

Then it took an hour-and-a-half of jackhammering and pipe removal before Roberts and a technician could recover the ring, eight hours after it fell in the toilet.

"They always say diamonds are a girl's best friend. In this case, a plumber is a girl's best friend," Roberts said. "She was just so excited, she had tears in her eyes. She gave us a hug and said 'Thank you so much.'"

The Mr. Rooter bill came to $5,200 and the city's bill was $1,000.

Berry, of Eureka, Calif., and her fiance also tipped Roberts and the technician $400 each and gave $200 to a diner employee for staying late.
Back to top Go down
knightfisher
knightfisher

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Plumber finds woman's diamond in the roughage   Plumber finds woman's diamond in the roughage I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:02 am

I would be so Evil or Very Mad if my fiance was so careless with a ring the cost that much
Back to top Go down
http://jmjoutdoorworld.com/index.php
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

PostSubject: Re: Plumber finds woman's diamond in the roughage   Plumber finds woman's diamond in the roughage I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 10:26 am

Her next ring would cost about 78 dollars if she even got one.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Plumber finds woman's diamond in the roughage   Plumber finds woman's diamond in the roughage I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:36 am

Why the hell would you not have that ring sized to fit your finger, i think that both of them are at fault here and the only person that they can be mad at is themselves for not doing so. scratch
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Plumber finds woman's diamond in the roughage   Plumber finds woman's diamond in the roughage I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 8:17 pm

My opinion, only an idiot would spend $70,000.00 on a ring. Heck a couple hundred bucks is plenty in my opinion, some people just have to much money and no cents. since.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

PostSubject: Re: Plumber finds woman's diamond in the roughage   Plumber finds woman's diamond in the roughage I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:34 am

I agree...for $70,000 I could get that house and 5 acres in south Alabama 15 miles from the beach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plumber finds woman's diamond in the roughage   Plumber finds woman's diamond in the roughage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plumber finds woman's diamond in the roughage
Page 1 of 1