BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! Empty
PostSubject: My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio!   My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:48 pm

For all the folks out there that have heard me talking about my favorite place to fish, here's a couple links for you to look at.
The first one has the TOPO map of the lakes.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/FishingSubhomePage/LakeMapLandingPage/LaSuAnWildlifeAreaFishingMap/tabid/19535/Default.aspx

Second is the fishing information, regulations etc. for LaSuAnn

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/FishingSubhomePage/where_to_fishplaceholder/fishingllsawafrllsawafr/tabid/6111/Default.aspx

Third link is for the Ohio Division of Natural Resources

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us

Enjoy & Happy Fishing Everyone!~!
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio!   My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:31 am

Well peg other than having to have a special permit every time that you go fishing there, and only being able to fish certain days it sound like one heck of a great fishery with some monster fish to be caught. now i want to see some of them big fish on your stringer this spring or summer and some pictures posted up here, sounds to like there are alot of trophy bass also to be caught, all in all it sounds like fun and a good place to spend the day thanks for sharing peg. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio!   My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:30 am

Mike, yes it is a wonderful place to fish! As far as the special permit, it is run by the ODNR. They do that to keep tabs on how many fish are taken out of each lake etc. You are only allowed to fish one lake per day. You have to have a fishing license. When you check in, they take your fishing license & give you a permit with all the rules for that lake/pond that you're fishing. When you check out, there is information that they fill out on the back of the permit and they give you your license back. There has been many times that several lakes, including LaSuAnn that has had such a good fishing year that they close down the lake to artificial bait and is catch and release only. This way they can keep tabs of the fish and keeps the lakes/ponds to where they are well stocked. Yes, there are some HUGE bass in there, as well as bluegill! You can mark my word, I will be going out this year and I will be posting some pics of the fish I catch from there! you can only fish certain days, as they are closed on Tuesdays I believe, as they are open on the weekend for us anglers. Very Happy Also, every year, they do shock tests or something of that nature to see how many fish are in each lake/pond. Then they will release more into the ones that need it etc. It is truly one of the best bluegill places I have fished and I have fished in MANY places!
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio!   My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 2:18 pm

its a nice places to go fishing... Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
OhioFisher
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
OhioFisher

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio!   My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:05 pm

Here Are Some Pictures From There
We Love It To!!!!!!!!!!
My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! DigiFishpics2
My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! DSCF0724
My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! DSCF0717
My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! DSCF0716
My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! DigiFishpics2043-1
My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! DigiFishpics2042
My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! DigiFishpics2040
My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! Lasuan2007
My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! Lasuanblugill
Back to top Go down
http://ohiooutdoors.org
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio!   My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:18 pm

Yep Yep! That's the kind of bluegill I'm talking about WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!~! Cool Ohiofisher! I'm glad that there are other people in Ohio that are on this forum that does some fishing there. I live in Williams County. It's about 1/2 hour drive one way to get there. Do you have to drive very far?
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio!   My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:39 pm

Let Me Tell Ya Peg That Kid Can Fish He Has Posted Alot Of Fish Here On Big Fish, I Really Think He Would Out Do Me If We Were To Have A Contest, Buddy Them Are Some Good Looking Fish.. LOLOLOL. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio!   My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:02 pm

North Star wrote:
Let Me Tell Ya Peg That Kid Can Fish He Has Posted Alot Of Fish Here On Big Fish, I Really Think He Would Out Do Me If We Were To Have A Contest, Buddy Them Are Some Good Looking Fish.. LOLOLOL. cheers cheers cheers

I'm sure that he can, but so can I LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL You know I can as well as the next person... hehehehe.. I will PROMISE you I will post some of my pics this spring & summer, that's for sure. lol! geek Twisted Evil Laughing
Back to top Go down
OhioFisher
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
OhioFisher

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio!   My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:56 pm

Yep,
We've got a 60 mile drive... Your pretty close....
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio!   My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:48 am

Nice looking spot there.
Back to top Go down
OhioFisher
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
OhioFisher

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio!   My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:36 pm

We'll be there this sunday
Will post pix
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio!   My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:13 pm

OhioFisher wrote:
Will post pix
Will be looking forward to them hope you catch a bunch. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio!   My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:21 pm

OhioFisher wrote:
Will post pix

Cool, Ohiofisher! Can't wait to see the pics that you post! Also, I can't wait till it gets warmer out so I can get out there & do some fishing & post pics also! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio!   My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Favorite Place To Fish In Ohio!
Page 1 of 1