BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues

Go down 
+3
Grumpy
Blackhawk19l
saltfisher1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues Empty
PostSubject: Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues   Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 1:56 pm

BLUE ASH, Ohio – An 89-year-old Cincinnati area woman famously arrested for holding on to a neighbor kid's football is now suing the boy's parents. The lawsuit filed by Edna Jester's attorney in Hamilton County Common Pleas Court claims she has suffered emotional distress because the next-door family's footballs and other playthings keep landing in her yard.

Jester refused to give back a football in October, was taken to the police station in suburban Blue Ash and charged with petty theft. The prosecutor later dropped the case.

The lawsuit against parents Paul and Kelly Tanis seeks unspecified monetary damages.

Kelly Tanis called the suit "very silly" but says she and her husband also worry because they have five children and can't afford a lawyer.
Back to top Go down
Blackhawk19l
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Blackhawk19l

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues   Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:13 pm

Just another example of our sue happy society affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Grumpy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Grumpy

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues   Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:06 pm

I hope the old woman wins.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues   Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:47 pm

That is the stupidest thing i have ever heard happen and try to sue far. Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Grumpy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Grumpy

Number of posts : 391

PostSubject: Re: Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues   Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:29 pm

Those kids repeatedly threw their ball and other stuff in the woman's yard. Their parents apparently didn't care what the kids did. The old woman got fed up with the kids constantly tromping through her yard and kept their ball and the kid's parents had her put in jail. Heck yeah she should sue or do whatever she can to get even. If she can force them to go into debt paying for a lawyer, then she's already won.
Back to top Go down
Rockhound
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Rockhound

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues   Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 11:21 pm

She will not win" its a freekin giant waste of the courts time, the lady needs to get out of the house more!!!
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues   Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 1:58 pm

We had an old man in our nieghborhood that use to keep our balls, due to there was a field across the street that was there for us to have a place to play, occasionally a ball would go astray, but the people kept the lot just for us. When the old man died he had a bushel basket of balls that he had collected over a 45 year period. He was an a h e. He also shot my dog with a pellot gun and my dog wasn't even on his property, my dad went over and picked him up and slammed him against the side of his house and told him he better never shoot my dog again or he would be back.
Back to top Go down
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556

PostSubject: Re: Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues   Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:42 am

I can see both sides of that one. Without knowing more, it's hard to judge. It sounds kind of petty at first, but if the little turds were doing it just to antagonize her, then I don't blame her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues   Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues
Page 1 of 1