BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'08 Largemouths

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

'08 Largemouths Empty
PostSubject: '08 Largemouths   '08 Largemouths I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 10:21 pm

Before this year I had only caught 1 bass and a couple channel cats out of my "bait" pond. I don't think it is quite a bait pond anymore. I know there are two grass carp in there that are huge, alot of bass like the ones in the pictures below, about 50 little channels (around a pound), and I'm not sure how many big channels but there are not very many. The bigger channels are atleast 6 and some would probably go 10. Anyway here are some bass I caught out of there.

Caught on live bluegill

'08 Largemouths IM000064Medium

Cut crappie

'08 Largemouths IM000065Medium

Crankbait

'08 Largemouths 000_0062

Crankbait

'08 Largemouths 000_0061

Buzzbait

'08 Largemouths 100_2273Medium

Small redear

'08 Largemouths 100_2272Medium

I didn't take very many pictures of bass this year because I would catch atleast one and sometimes two when I would go over there. I am not much of a bass fisherman and it was getting pretty aggravating when these bass would grab my live bluegill wanting to catch a big channel.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

'08 Largemouths Empty
PostSubject: Re: '08 Largemouths   '08 Largemouths I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 10:34 pm

Here are some pictures of the pond when it is full. You can tell from the pictures how low it is. It's kind of weird standing where I used to catch fish at.

To the right

'08 Largemouths Dannys2Medium

To the left

'08 Largemouths Dannys1Medium
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

'08 Largemouths Empty
PostSubject: Re: '08 Largemouths   '08 Largemouths I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:13 am

Buddy you just can't go wrong having your own pond to fish from, around here there worth the weight in gold and are very hard to permission to fish at all, them are some good fish right there even if your not a bass fisherman and fun to catch to. I'm hopping that our water ways here fill back up and we get the rain we need to keep them there this summer i really need to get out fishing and right now i don't care what i catch, any who it looks like you had a great year i hope this year is a good one for you to and thanks for sharing the pics with us.. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

'08 Largemouths Empty
PostSubject: Re: '08 Largemouths   '08 Largemouths I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:26 am

Thanks Mike. They are hard to get permission to fish from out here unless you are family or like family. Danny is generous enough to let me come over whenever I want and hardly anyone else comes over to fish it. The past two summers we have had hardly no rain and this pond almost dries up. I'm kind of scared to put more fish in it because of how much it goes down. This summer it was about 1/2 to 1/3 of the size it should have been. I hope you guys get some rain. That has been going on for a while now hasn't it?
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

'08 Largemouths Empty
PostSubject: Re: '08 Largemouths   '08 Largemouths I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:45 am

It started about 8 years ago but every now and then we would get a monster rain storm and it would raise things up, then it wouldn't rain for a few months to were it would matter and the water would be gone again, now our lakes are down as much as 6 feet and our feeder creeks that feed the lakes are all about dried up. last year i only fished 2 times all year because now the weeds have taken over were we fish so if you don't have a boat your not fishing now.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

'08 Largemouths Empty
PostSubject: Re: '08 Largemouths   '08 Largemouths I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'08 Largemouths
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Game Fish/Rough Fish :: Lets Talk Game Fish/Rough Fish-
Jump to: