BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nearly 200,000 without power in Michigan

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Nearly 200,000 without power in Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Nearly 200,000 without power in Michigan   Nearly 200,000 without power in Michigan I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 10:14 am

DETROIT – Crews were working to restore electricity to nearly 200,000 Michigan homes and businesses early Monday, a day after strong winds knocked down tree limbs and power lines, while residents in parts of the Northwest braced for another winter storm.

Meanwhile, flood warnings were posted throughout the Midwest as temperatures rose after a week of heavy snowfall. Forecasters said flooding was possible in areas of Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and northwest Ohio.

Winter storm warnings were issued throughout the Northwest, which has been hammered by storms in recent weeks. The National Weather Service said northeastern Washington and the Idaho panhandle could expect 3 to 7 inches of new snow in the valleys, and 6 to 10 inches in the mountains through Monday evening.

In Michigan, winds gusting more than 60 mph knocked out power Sunday as temperatures dropped back into the 20s and 30s. Parts of the state also got about 4 inches of snow.....more.... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081229/ap_on_re_us/winter_weather;_ylt=An9VzMxu5jHpBxhr32xboHtvzwcF
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Nearly 200,000 without power in Michigan   Nearly 200,000 without power in Michigan I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 10:48 am

This Weather We Have Been Having Here In The Midwest Is Just Nuts But I Think That We Should Really Be Thinking About It, Folks We Have Been Having This Type Of Weather For A Few Years Now We Should Expect This. We Have Had Plenty Of Time To Get Things Taken Care Of That We Know From Years Past Can Happen To Us Or Our Property, I Feel Bad For Areas That There Just Is Nothing You Can Do But There Is Alot That Can Be Done But People Don't Think It Will Happen More Than Once. I Hope That They Are Alert Now Because It Is Truly Going To Be A Rough Year Till Then And Beyond. Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Nearly 200,000 without power in Michigan   Nearly 200,000 without power in Michigan I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 9:08 pm

We were without power for almost 2 hours Saturday night. The ENTIRE town was in a blackout. I have yet to find out what the cause of it was. Maybe I should go read the paper & see if there's anything in it LOL
Back to top Go down
Rockhound
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Rockhound

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Nearly 200,000 without power in Michigan   Nearly 200,000 without power in Michigan I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 11:08 pm

Yeah, the weather patterns are changing people are going to have to adapt"
Back to top Go down
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Nearly 200,000 without power in Michigan   Nearly 200,000 without power in Michigan I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:15 am

That is one thing I do not miss at all and that is the winter weather in the northern states. Sure it gets hot in the summer here but that is all right. I will take the heat in exchange for that cold stuff.

We have a rather high electric bill in the summer because of the air conditioning but the winter bills drop way down. So you see, in my opinion that balances out as in the northern states the reverse would be the case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nearly 200,000 without power in Michigan   Nearly 200,000 without power in Michigan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nearly 200,000 without power in Michigan
Page 1 of 1