BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Man eats 7 pounds of latkes to win NY contest

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Man eats 7 pounds of latkes to win NY contest Empty
PostSubject: Man eats 7 pounds of latkes to win NY contest   Man eats 7 pounds of latkes to win NY contest I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 12:42 pm

LAKE GROVE, N.Y. – That's a lot of latkes. A 23-year-old mechanical engineering student has downed 46 of the potato pancakes in eight minutes to win a contest at a Long Island deli.

Pete Czerwinski (sir-WIN'-skee) says he'd never eaten a latke (lot-kuh) before consuming about seven pounds of them Sunday at Zan's in Lake Grove. The Toronto bodybuilder says he's just "a power eater" whose brain never signals that he's full.

Association of Independent Competitive Eaters Chairman Arnie Chapman says Czerwinski demolished the contest's previous record of 31 latkes, set in 2006.

Brooklyn college student Will Millender took second place Sunday with 29 latkes.

The pancakes are a traditional treat for Hanukkah, the eight-day Jewish Festival of Lights. It started Sunday evening.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081222/ap_on_fe_st/odd_latke_eating_contest;_ylt=At1m11lWNLLD8b64IPo9j9vtiBIF
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Man eats 7 pounds of latkes to win NY contest   Man eats 7 pounds of latkes to win NY contest I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 1:05 pm

That Is One Of My Favorites To Eat But I Can Only Do 4 Of Them. YUM YUM YUM cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Blackhawk19l
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Blackhawk19l

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Man eats 7 pounds of latkes to win NY contest   Man eats 7 pounds of latkes to win NY contest I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 6:18 pm

I'd be sick for a week after about 10 affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Baitfish
Nickel
Nickel
Baitfish

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Man eats 7 pounds of latkes to win NY contest   Man eats 7 pounds of latkes to win NY contest I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 9:25 pm

Now thats a lot of spuds!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man eats 7 pounds of latkes to win NY contest   Man eats 7 pounds of latkes to win NY contest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Man eats 7 pounds of latkes to win NY contest
Page 1 of 1