BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Dangers

Go down 
+2
T.C.
North Star
6 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

The Dangers Empty
PostSubject: The Dangers   The Dangers I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 7:28 pm

The Dangers Of Driving On The Ice Is You Just Never Know, Am Listening Right Now On The Scanner That They Got A 911 Call That They Just Went Threw The Ice. Here A Pick-up That Has Been Driving Out On The Ice For The Past Week And Were 100's Of Cars And Pick-ups Have Been Driving All Week Went Threw The Ice With 4 People In It. They All Managed To Get Out Ok Just Wet, So Many Times We Take Things For Granite When We Should Be Even More Careful Than You Think. I Would Just Like To Say That If Your Going To Drive Out Check The Ice At Least Once Or Twice A Week, It Really Only Takes Over Night For It To Change Along With For Ever Changing Your Life. pale pale pale
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818
Registration date : 2007-12-07

The Dangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dangers   The Dangers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:24 am

I don't drive in bad weather..Most people down here can't drive in that kind of weather..
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

The Dangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dangers   The Dangers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 11:37 am

Well Tessie What Can Happen Here Is That On The Lakes The Fish Can School Up And Start Swarming The Ice Making A Current Which In Turn Will Melt The Ice Making It Thinner. Not A Good Thing When Driving On The Ice, I Have Seen The Ice 2 Feet Deep One Day And Only 5 Inches The Next You Get Wet That Way. It Just Takes Some Common Sense When Driving On The Ice, Never Driving Out Just Because You See Other Vehicals Out There Looks Can Get You In Cold Water.
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818

The Dangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dangers   The Dangers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:01 pm

Yea I do understand all that Mike...A little boy sneaked on my neighbors land a couple years ago..They found him 3 days later...Very sad..
Back to top Go down
ketch
Penny
Penny

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-12-26

The Dangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dangers   The Dangers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 5:36 am

Always drive with the windows open. Makes an easier exit if needed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.catfishinfever.com
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

The Dangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dangers   The Dangers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 9:08 am

T.C. wrote:
Yea I do understand all that Mike...A little boy sneaked on my neighbors land a couple years ago..They found him 3 days later...Very sad..
Yep Tessie It Don't Take But One Time And It Destroys A lot Of Lives, First Off You Have A Loss Of Life Then The Land Owner Losses Every Thing He Ever Worked For In A Law Suit Because Of A Bad Choice Or Carelessness Of Watching Over There Land It's Bad Any Way You Look At It.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520

The Dangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dangers   The Dangers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 12:47 pm

Wow just when I was thinking i might like to try it sometime when the ice is thick you post this one. Dang think I"ll just stay on the bank.lol
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

The Dangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dangers   The Dangers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 1:57 pm

papa wrote:
Wow just when I was thinking i might like to try it sometime when the ice is thick you post this one. Dang think I"ll just stay on the bank.lol
Well Papa You Just Have To Make Sure Your Fishing With Someone That Knows What There Doing Buddy. cheers
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

The Dangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dangers   The Dangers I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 6:03 pm

Guess that's the truth of it, but I'm like John, never had real good luck. lol
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

The Dangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dangers   The Dangers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 6:45 pm

One of my buds came up with an idea about ice fishing that I think is a really good idea. He is thinking about just making a small ice shack but putting some small pontoons in the bottom of the wall so if the ice would either melt to much or break he wouldn't lose his shack. Now I would gove that a try knowing we would still be floating if it happened. Sure would help out the cabin fever.
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

The Dangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dangers   The Dangers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:15 am

very good ideal sunny
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

The Dangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dangers   The Dangers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:31 am

papa wrote:
One of my buds came up with an idea about ice fishing that I think is a really good idea. He is thinking about just making a small ice shack but putting some small pontoons in the bottom of the wall so if the ice would either melt to much or break he wouldn't lose his shack. Now I would gove that a try knowing we would still be floating if it happened. Sure would help out the cabin fever.

That sounds like a really good idea, papa! Let us know if he made the "pontoon shack" or if he decided against it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Dangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dangers   The Dangers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dangers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Ice Fishing 123 :: Winter Fishing-
Jump to: