BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saturday Fishing Trip 12/6

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackhawk19l
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Blackhawk19l

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Saturday Fishing Trip 12/6 Empty
PostSubject: Saturday Fishing Trip 12/6   Saturday Fishing Trip 12/6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:43 am

I promised a report on my trip Sat, I got to the lake at 6:30 and it was 35° and light winds from SSE. For about the first 2 hrs i couldn't buy a bite. About 9:30 some clouds moved in and the winds switched to from the West and they stated biting. I caught a lot of crappie in the 1 1/2 to 2 lb class and one 2 1/2lbs and one 3lb. Now let me tell you the story of the 3lb one, to begin with we have to go back to the boat landing where I found a pack of Crappie Sliders (black with chartreuse tail) I threw them in the boat and when the fish weren't biting I decided to try one, I rigged it on a 1/8 jig head and tied it on to my brand new, not broken in yet 5' ultra light rod and spinning reel. Guess what the first fish I caught on it was, yup the 3 lb one. when he came up and showed his head my heart skipped a few beats, I tired him out a little and as I lead him into the net the jig popped out. I guess it was just my lucky day. I stopped by Car Quest to rub it in on my neighbor and he took this pic.

Saturday Fishing Trip 12/6 8861a886

The fish was almost 17"

Saturday Fishing Trip 12/6 6e48d242

Here is a link to a picture of the lakes, scroll down to the bottom of the page and zoom in and move the pic around with your mouse. There are 3 lakes and I mostly fish the smaller upper one on the left. I'm truly blessed to have been given a key to these lakes. There are beautiful pavilions on the 2 bigger lakes

http://www.fishingworks.com/lakes/alabama/pike/banks/pine-lake/
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Saturday Fishing Trip 12/6   Saturday Fishing Trip 12/6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 9:10 am

I Can Remember Not That Many Years Ago That I Use To Catch Them All The Time From A Lake I Use To Fish, But Then I Moved And Haven't Fished That Lake For Almost 14 Years Now I Think It's Time For A Road Trip This Next Summer. Great Slabs Buddy There Good Eating To Congrats. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Saturday Fishing Trip 12/6   Saturday Fishing Trip 12/6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:58 am

Thats just huge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday Fishing Trip 12/6   Saturday Fishing Trip 12/6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saturday Fishing Trip 12/6
Page 1 of 1