BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Lantern

Go down 
+2
Bernie
North Star
6 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

No Lantern Empty
PostSubject: No Lantern   No Lantern I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 10:27 am

Here Is A Way To Fish Threw The Ice At Night When You Don't Have A Lantern.

I Learned This Again Many Years Ago When Night Fish, After You Have Drilled Your Hole That You Are Going To Fish From, Drill A Second Hole About 5 Inches Away From Your Angle Hole Just Don't Drill It All The Way Threw. Now What You Need Is A Block Of Wood And A Tea Candle And A 5 Gallon Bucket Lid With A Flap Type Hole Cut In It, Now Put The Block Of Wood In The Dry Hole And Set The Candle On It And Lite, Now If There Is A Breeze Out Put The 5 Gallon Bucket Lid Over The Hole And Turn The Flap So The Wind Don't Blow Out The Candle. I want To Add The Reason For The Block Of Wood Is Because The Candle Will Melt The Ice The Wood Will Keep The Candle From Getting Wet Because It Will Float. You Won't Believe How Much This Will Light Up The Ice Around You, It Also Will Attract The Crappie For Ya To.

cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by on Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2007-12-07

No Lantern Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lantern   No Lantern I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 10:55 am

I knew a Guy, well he was actually a Slob of the first degree. And it wasn't too long before he went to the Michigan State Prison for stealing a pig. He must have had some sort of a record to be sent to that high security place for the pig stealing.

Anyway he did a lot of fishing and he would use a car battery and wire it to a car headlight and drop it over the side of the boat. He claimed it brought in lots of fish including bullheads.

I got him to be the bartender for a couple of graduations as he was an interesting character and seemed to fit right in. He made a good conversation piece for all the guests. A likeable fellow even if he was a slob. And I never knew him to say bad words.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875

No Lantern Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lantern   No Lantern I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:25 am

Yep Bernie I Have Seen That Method Used Before And It Works Real Well, Here In Minnesota That Is Not Legal, But Just Setting A Lantern On The Ice Will Attract The Fish Also But You Don't Want To Move Around Much Because They Will See Your Shadow. Thanks Bernie For The Story Ain't Memories Fun. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bassfisher
Dime
Dime
bassfisher

Number of posts : 81

No Lantern Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lantern   No Lantern I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 1:59 pm

good idea i will try that
Back to top Go down
knightfisher
knightfisher

Number of posts : 366

No Lantern Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lantern   No Lantern I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 6:05 pm

it works good
Back to top Go down
http://jmjoutdoorworld.com/index.php
jimhs
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jimhs

Number of posts : 378

No Lantern Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lantern   No Lantern I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 6:52 pm

Bernie I'm almost tempted to ask that guy's name because he sounds just like a guy that I know. I know it can't be the same person, but it sure sounds like him. He is one of the best friends I have ever had. We would do almost anything for each other. I say almost, because I won't eat anything he has been around. He's the dirtiest, most disgusting slob I have ever seen, but I love him like a brother. In fact I stopped going on the John Day drift trips with him because I would almost starve to death by the end of the trip. I just wasn't brought up to never wash my hands for 10 days, to trim my toe nails with my pocket knife and then use it to cut up the block of cheese and stuff like that. I just couldn't do it anymore. And like the guy you knew, this guy was always fun to be with. We would laugh so hard at times we almost got sick, and everybody I ever introduced him to seemed to really like him. Like your guy, he was quite a conversation piece at times.

Jim Cool
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818

No Lantern Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lantern   No Lantern I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 10:35 pm

Good info Mike...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No Lantern Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lantern   No Lantern I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Lantern
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Ice Fishing 123 :: Winter Fishing-
Jump to: