BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tip-Ups

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Tip-Ups Empty
PostSubject: Tip-Ups   Tip-Ups I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 10:18 am

How Many Ice Fishing People Use The Tip-Ups,??? And What Type Do You Use.???

I Used Them More When I Was Younger Because I Didn't Have A Fish House And Could Set Them Up And Sit In The Car And Watch Them And Stay Warm. But Now They Have Changed A Lot Of Fishing Laws As To How They Or Any Line In Fact Is Used. Now You Can Spear Fish And Angle At The Same Time Which For Years That Was Illegal To Do, Another Thing That Has Changed A Few Years Ago Is That You Can Be 90 FEET Away From Your Line While Fishing. Now I Don't Recommend That You Do This With A Regular Jig Stick There Is A Good Chance You Will Lose It To A Fish(been there done that) Tip-Ups Are Very Good To Use.Now There Are Alot Of Different Types Of Tip-Ups Out There My Favorite I Would Have To Say Is The Insulated Type Because Once Set Up It Could Be Very Cold Out And The Hole Will Stay Open Under The Tip-Up.

Here Is A Tip That I Learned Many Years Ago For Using The Stick Version Tip-Up, When Using These Tip-Ups Take And Cut A Chunk Of Carpet So That It Will Be At Least A Foot Wider Then Your Hole Is That Your Fishing From, Now Cut A Slit To The Middle Of The Carpet And Cut A Circle In The Middle So That The Main Shaft Of The Tip-Up Will Fit. To Big The Hole Will Freeze To Small The Tip-Up May Not Work Properly.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Tip-Ups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tip-Ups   Tip-Ups I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:16 am

It has been 15 years since I used tip ups. I have forgotted the brands. Wooded types yes and then I got a couple of some new fangled ones. Never caught much with them but it was fun anticipating. Usually put a sucker or shiner on for bait.

Now when we go way back in the years I did have three fish houses. The best one that I made was a nice shanty as we called them. Not for spearing but for hook and like stuff. I put in a little window and would stick out one tip up which I could see out the window. Nice memories. I can hear the wind howling and the snow blowing right now. All the time sitting inside by the warm heater. And cooking a speck or two on the end of a stick. No seasioning but it was fun and was something to do while waiting for the bite.
Back to top Go down
knightfisher
knightfisher

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Tip-Ups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tip-Ups   Tip-Ups I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 5:59 pm

North Star wrote:
How Many Ice Fishing People Use The Tip-Ups,??? And What Type Do You Use.???

I Used Them More When I Was Younger Because I Didn't Have A Fish House And Could Set Them Up And Sit In The Car And Watch Them And Stay Warm. But Now They Have Changed A Lot Of Fishing Laws As To How They Or Any Line In Fact Is Used. Now You Can Spear Fish And Angle At The Same Time Which For Years That Was Illegal To Do, Another Thing That Has Changed A Few Years Ago Is That You Can Be 90 FEET Away From Your Line While Fishing. Now I Don't Recommend That You Do This With A Regular Jig Stick There Is A Good Chance You Will Lose It To A Fish(been there done that) Tip-Ups Are Very Good To Use.Now There Are Alot Of Different Types Of Tip-Ups Out There My Favorite I Would Have To Say Is The Insulated Type Because Once Set Up It Could Be Very Cold Out And The Hole Will Stay Open Under The Tip-Up.

Here Is A Tip That I Learned Many Years Ago For Using The Stick Version Tip-Up, When Using These Tip-Ups Take And Cut A Chunk Of Carpet So That It Will Be At Least A Foot Wider Then Your Hole Is That Your Fishing From, Now Cut A Slit To The Middle Of The Carpet And Cut A Circle In The Middle So That The Main Shaft Of The Tip-Up Will Fit. To Big The Hole Will Freeze To Small The Tip-Up May Not Work Properly.

cheers cheers cheers

That You Can Be 90 FEET Away From Your Line While Fishing. Now I Don't Recommend That You Do This With A Regular Jig Stick There Is A Good Chance You Will Lose It To A Fish(been there done that)

yep lost my best jig stick to day he hit it so hard it went right down the hole

Evil or Very Mad that ticked me off here is my new tip up

Tip-Ups 100_3235ice11
Back to top Go down
http://jmjoutdoorworld.com/index.php
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Tip-Ups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tip-Ups   Tip-Ups I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 1:12 am

I use The Arctic Fisherman Co. from Beaver Dam, WI. I love them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tip-Ups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tip-Ups   Tip-Ups I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tip-Ups
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Ice Fishing 123 :: Winter Fishing-
Jump to: