BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO

Go down 
+2
Rockhound
papa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO Empty
PostSubject: SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO   SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 10:45 pm

On Monday, December 1, a SWAT team with semi-automatic rifles entered
the private home of the Stowers family in LaGrange, Ohio, herded the
family onto the couches in the living room, and kept guns trained on
parents, children, infants and toddlers, from approximately 11 AM to 8
PM. The team was aggressive and belligerent. The children were quite
traumatized. At some point, the “bad cop” SWAT team was relieved by
another team, a “good cop” team that tried to befriend the family. The
Stowers family has run a very large, well-known food cooperative called
Manna Storehouse on the western side of
the greater Cleveland area for many years.

There were agents from the Department of Agriculture present, one of
them identified as Bill Lesho. The search warrant is reportedly
supicious-looking Agents began rifling through all of the family’s possessions, a task that
lasted hours and resulted in a complete upheaval of every private area
in the home. Many items were taken that were not listed on the search
warrant. The family was not permitted a phone call, and they were not
told what crime they were being charged with. They were not read their
rights. Over ten thousand dollars worth of food was taken, including the
family’s personal stock of food for the coming year. All of their
computers, and all of their cell phones were taken, as well as phone and
contact records. The food cooperative was virtually shut down. There was
no rational explanation, nor justification, for this extreme violation
of Constitutional rights.

Presumably Manna Storehouse might eventually be charged with running a
retail establishment without a license. Why then the Gestapo-type
interrogation for a 3^rd degree misdemeanor charge? This incident has
raised the ominous specter of a restrictive new era in State regulation
and enforcement over the nation’s private food supply.

SWAT Team Like Radio by Ohio authorities on a farm house in LaGange

Ohio authorities stormed a farm house in LaGange Monday, December 1, to execute a search warrant, holding the Jacqueline and John Stowers and their son and young grandchildren at gunpoint for nine hours. During the raid the Ohio Department of Agriculture and police confiscated over ten thousand dollars worth of food, computers and cell phones. The Stowers’ crime? They run a private, members-only food co-op.

While state authorities were looking for evidence of illegal activities, the family was not informed what crime they were suspected of, they were not read their rights or allowed to make a phone call. The children, some as young as toddlers, were traumatized by armed officers interrogating the adults with guns drawn.

The Morning Journal, a newspaper serving northern Ohio, reported that the Stowers were believed to be operating without a license. However, the Stowers claim that the food co-op they run does not engage in any activities that would require state licensing.

Friends of the Stowers openly question why such aggressive tactics were necessary to investigate a licensing complaint.

The Ohio Department of Agriculture has apparently been chastised by the courts in previous cases for over-reach, including entrapment of an Amish man to sell raw milk, which backfired, when it became known that the man gave milk instead of selling it to a state undercover agent, refusing to take money for what he believed to be a charitable act. The Amish literally interpret the Gospel of Matthew (5:42) to “give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.”

The matter has been forwarded to the Lorain County Prosecutor’s Office and the Lorain County General Health District according to Lorain County court records.
Back to top Go down
Rockhound
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Rockhound

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO   SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:24 am

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO   SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 8:27 am

I Think That Is About Sickest Thing I Have Ever Heard. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO   SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:39 am

Stuff like that will only get worse...Stuff we use to see on international news will be happening right here in our country.
Back to top Go down
jimhs
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jimhs

Number of posts : 378

PostSubject: Re: SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO   SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 10:26 pm

I heard a real ugly story today. Don't know if it's true or not, but might be well worth thinking about.

One of the guy's that works at the local Ace hardware in town has a friend in California. This friend of his was talking to another friend via e-mails about the election. In one of the e-mails the Ace hardware guy's friend wrote to his friend that he hoped that someone "Would kill the black ..............." The next morning the U.S. Secret Service showed up at his house and came in by force. He asked to see their search warrant and they replied that they didn't need one, that they were entering his house under the conditions of the "Patriot Act." They confiscated all of his guns, ammo and his computer and arrested him. He will supposedly be in jail for 12 days before his arraignment comes up, and at the time this guy was telling me this story, his friend had not been told what he was being charged with, nor was he ever given his legal rights.

That's all the guy at the hardware store knew about his friend up to this point.

So it might be worth watching what we say over the phones, or write in e-mails, or even write on websites like this one. I hate to say this and probably a lot of people will think I'm a fanatic or nuts, but I truly believe that "Big Brother" is watching us.

Jim Cool
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875

PostSubject: Re: SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO   SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 10:40 pm

I Agree Buddy I Think Mostly Web-Sites It Would Be Worse, Even So Any-were Is Just Not The Place For It.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
OhioFisher
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
OhioFisher

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO   SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 10:46 pm

Only in Ohio Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://ohiooutdoors.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO   SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SWAT TEAM CONDUCTS FOOD RAID IN RURAL OHIO
Page 1 of 1