BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slip Bobber Ties

Go down 
+5
saltfisher1
T.C.
papa
Muskyman
North Star
9 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Slip Bobber Ties Empty
PostSubject: Slip Bobber Ties   Slip Bobber Ties I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:29 pm

Have You Ever Been Fishing And Run Out Of Something That You Need, I Have And It's Not Fun When The Fish Are Biting And You Have To Go Home. Here Is One Thing That I Have Run Out Of But Not Any More Because I Can Make My Own Now With Very Little Money.

STEP 1.
Take a length of Power Gum and form it into a loop alongside the mainline.
Slip Bobber Ties Stopknot

STEP 2.
Pass one end of the Power Gum through the loop, and around the mainline, four times. Moisten the Power Gum and pull both free ends to tighten the stop knot.
Slip Bobber Ties Stopknot2

STEP 3.
Leave the free ends about one inch (2.5cm) long or the stop knot won't pass through the rod rings easily. Always moisten the knot before sliding it along the line to alter the depth of the float.
Slip Bobber Ties Stopknot3

With A Little Time A Person Can Make Alot Of These Things And Never Run Out.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Slip Bobber Ties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip Bobber Ties   Slip Bobber Ties I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 7:19 pm

thats exact way I did. Good info Mike.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Slip Bobber Ties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip Bobber Ties   Slip Bobber Ties I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 10:23 pm

Good post there buddy, thanks
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Slip Bobber Ties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip Bobber Ties   Slip Bobber Ties I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 10:29 pm

What is power gum? I've never heard of it....I like to use dental floss to make mine...It works great and it don't take up to much room in your tackle box....
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Slip Bobber Ties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip Bobber Ties   Slip Bobber Ties I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 10:51 pm

Tessie I Did A Search And This Is The Best I Can Do To Explain.

http://www.tackleworld.co.uk/acatalog/Tackleworld_co_uk_Drennan_Power_Gum_101.html

I Think That You Can Use Anything That Works, This Was Sent To Me In An Email And I Posted It Up.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Slip Bobber Ties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip Bobber Ties   Slip Bobber Ties I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 7:32 am

T.C. wrote:
What is power gum? I've never heard of it....I like to use dental floss to make mine...It works great and it don't take up to much room in your tackle box....

I had never heard of it either.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Slip Bobber Ties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip Bobber Ties   Slip Bobber Ties I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:59 am

I Think All It Is Is A Wax Coated String And They Use It So That It Won't Come Untied. cheers
Back to top Go down
jimhs
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jimhs

Number of posts : 378

Slip Bobber Ties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip Bobber Ties   Slip Bobber Ties I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 2:37 pm

Your right Mike, you can use just about anything that works. I actually use bow string material. I make my own strings, so I have big spools of different kinds of material for making strings and cables. It's waxed too, so the wax makes it easy to slide up and down your mainline, and also keeps the knots from loosening up. Anything that's waxed seems to really work well.

Jim Cool
Back to top Go down
katfish
Nickel
Nickel
katfish

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Slip Bobber Ties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip Bobber Ties   Slip Bobber Ties I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Mike

I normally take remnants of my braided dacron line and tie several boober stops.

I tie that knot you showed on plastic straws and then slide them off the straws
onto my line when I need a bobber stop.

Slip Bobber Ties Rockbass

I catch flathead baits before going out for the night Wink

Sorry Bluegill Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.stormpages.com/katchaser/index.html
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Slip Bobber Ties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip Bobber Ties   Slip Bobber Ties I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:21 pm

I never run out because I just tie my own. I have never heard of power gum before. I use some kind of yarn my grandma wasn't using and got a ton of little and big beads for just a couple bucks at a craft store. You have to alot of my only complaint about yarn is it shrinks when it dries.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Slip Bobber Ties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip Bobber Ties   Slip Bobber Ties I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:06 am

katfish wrote:
Mike

I normally take remnants of my braided dacron line and tie several boober stops.

I tie that knot you showed on plastic straws and then slide them off the straws
onto my line when I need a bobber stop.

Slip Bobber Ties Rockbass

I catch flathead baits before going out for the night Wink

Sorry Bluegill Laughing

OUCH... Now my butt hurts!~! lol! lol!

Honestly, it's ok, Robby, I also use bluegill at times. And NO Not myself either LOLOL lol!
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Slip Bobber Ties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip Bobber Ties   Slip Bobber Ties I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:09 am

catfish willy wrote:
I never run out because I just tie my own. I have never heard of power gum before. I use some kind of yarn my grandma wasn't using and got a ton of little and big beads for just a couple bucks at a craft store. You have to alot of my only complaint about yarn is it shrinks when it dries.

I could have told you that, Willy! LOL.. But we learn as we get older... Hopefully you've found some other things that you can use for the bobber stops other than the yarn... Another idea would be to use "cotton crochet" yarn.. It's more like string and it doesn't shrink when it dries like yarn does. You can by a skein of it at Wal-Mart for a couple bucks and it comes in all different colors also. Something else is embroidery floss. Embroidery floss is more flimsy, but I think it would work just as well, other than these two things are not wax coated.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Slip Bobber Ties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip Bobber Ties   Slip Bobber Ties I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:01 pm

What ever kind of thin yarn I got works fine you just have to tighten it back down every time you go fishing. I knew it would absorb water though. I might try something different when I run out but it will be a while. She gave a big spool of red and a big spool of white.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slip Bobber Ties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip Bobber Ties   Slip Bobber Ties I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slip Bobber Ties
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Information Corner :: Tips/Ideas-
Jump to: